- Courts & Law
- Superior Court
- Court Divisions
- Court Commissioners
DURING THIS CURRENT PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY, ALL FAMILY LAW CASES, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & OTHER PROTECTION ORDER PETITIONS, EX PARTE MATTERS, AND CIVIL CASES SCHEDULED IN FRONT OF COMMISSIONERS CONTINUE TO BE HEARD, ALTHOUGH NO PERSONAL APPEARANCES AT THE COURTHOUSE.
Click HERE for instructions to participate in a Zoom Hearing.
*** Emergency procedures for Commissioner Hearings due to COVID-19 (as of July 13, 2020) ***
Commissioner Court Hearing Information Line During COVID 19 – please call (253) 798-3610
This information is in effect as of March 26, 2021, and is subject to change based on Orders from Governor Inslee and Supreme Court Chief Justice Stephens. Please check back periodically.
Proposed Orders must be emailed or faxed to Commissioner Services Department two court days prior to the hearing. All other supporting documents must be uploaded in LINX to the case file.
With certain exceptions, the Commissioners use ZOOM as a platform for remote hearings. When the use of ZOOM is not technologically feasible for a litigant, alternative technology shall be used, such as Court Call or courtroom telephone. If Court Call is being used, advance arrangements must be made (at least one week in advance of the hearing date/time). (888) 882-6878.
Domestic Violence/Vulnerable Adult Protection Orders:
- If requesting an Initial Order:
- For intimate partner relationships, (spouses, former spouses, persons who have a child in common or persons who have or did have a dating relationship), you can appear in person at the Domestic Violence Office in Room 110 of the County City Building (930 Tacoma Avenue South) to complete the initial petition and be screened/interviewed by a Court Commissioner. Or you can contact the Family Justice Center, (253) 798-4166 or the YWCA, (253) 383-2593, to speak with a victim advocate.
- For non-intimate partner relationships, you can visit the Domestic Violence Office in Room 110 of the County City Building (930 Tacoma Avenue South) to complete the petition and be screened/interviewed by a Court Commissioner.
- To appear at a Final Hearing:
- If by ZOOM, the court will serve as host and you will receive a ZOOM instruction sheet in your DVPO Packet.
Ex Parte: Ex Parte matters should be scheduled by calling the Commissioner Services Department at (253) 798-6890 or email [email protected]. 24-hour notice must be provided to the opposing party (as well as a copy of the motion and any other supporting documentation) unless waived by the Commissioner. All Ex Parte hearings will be conducted via ZOOM. The ZOOM invitation is sent out by court staff the morning of the hearing. The moving party is required to provide the court with the names and dates of birth for all adults in either household, as well as email addresses for those that will be appearing via ZOOM. No Ex Parte Matters will be scheduled after 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM. the moving party will [email protected] the proposed Order for Immediate Restraining Order to Commissioner Services Department and upload the Motion for Immediate Restraining Order to Ex Parte, and all supporting documents to the the case file in LINX.
Ex Parte Electronic Mail: Electronic mail is for all agreed upon or unopposed orders or motions (see list of mandatory orders on the Clerk’s website). These documents must be uploaded in LINX for Ex Parte mail via the Clerk. There is a $42 fee for Ex Parte mail effective September 1, 2020. Original wills must be submitted to the Superior Court Clerk’s Office.
Any party that does not wish to submit agreed or unopposed orders by mail, may schedule the appropriate motion on the proper Judges’ or Commissioners’ calendar.
For all Orders to go to Court to Show Cause for unrepresented parties only, the orders may be submitted by mail or through the Commissioner Services Department at [email protected] or (253) 798-6890. The related motion, supporting documents, and the Note for Commissioner Calendar must be filed in advance of presentation of the Order. Attorneys are to process Orders to go to Court for Show Cause through Ex Parte mail via the Clerk.
ADDITIONAL CONTACT INFORMATION and WEBSITES:
- email: [email protected]
- Fax number: (253) 798-6897
Court Call: 1-888-882-6878
Interrogatories with Declaration for Dissolutions
Washington State Pattern Forms