The Facilities Management Department provides building maintenance, security, grounds, and construction services to County departments and key partners. It oversees the purchase, sale and lease of real estate; manages new construction and significant remodel projects; provides oversight, maintenance, and management of County-owned facilities; and develops and monitors security needs and natural resource consumption.
Mission: Provide quality spaces that are safe and ready to support Pierce County business each day.
Vision: Facilities Management is recognized nationally for exceptional, effective services.
Value customers’ perspectives
Communicate and meet commitments
Be fiscally responsible
Continuously train and develop our staff
Encourage and model a culture of teamwork
Engage in continuous improvement and embrace innovation
Apply and ensure the best use of all systems, assets, resources, and technology
Priorities & Strategic Planning
1. Continuously Improve Customer Service
Customers are satisfied with services and expectations are met.
● Implement customer satisfaction surveys
● Implement tenant meetings to occur no less than 2 times annually
2. Greater Accountability for Results
Resources and Projects are Managed.
● Develop and operationalize project management tools and practices
● Develop 10-year building maintenance and restoration plan
3. Hire, Develop, and Engage Talented Employees
Employees feel supported and experience job satisfaction.
● Increase staff training, growth opportunities, and evaluations completed
● Increase percent positive average from staff employee engagement survey
The Construction Division manages the building of new county facilities as well as upgrades to existing facilities, from initial needs assessments through project management and warranty issue resolution.