Superior Court Department 7
email@example.com **** (253) 798-7568
Judge: Honorable Diana L. Kiesel
Elected / Appointed: January 2021
- J.D., 1984, University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington;
- B.A., 1981, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Washington.
- Pierce County Superior Court Commissioner 2008 to 2020, presiding over Juvenile proceedings (including Juvenile Offender, Dependency, At-Risk-Youth, Children in Need of Services, and Emancipation), Criminal felony RCW 10.77 trials at Western State Hospital, Civil Commitment trials, Family Law, Domestic Violence, Guardianship, Probate, Ex Parte proceedings, and Landlord Tenant litigation;
- Faculty Washington State Judicial College 2017 to 2019;
- Appointed to the Washington State Certified Professional Guardianship Board by the Washington State Supreme Court in 2014 to present;
- Attorney in private practice 1984 to 2008. Practice focused on Family Law litigation, Domestic Violence litigation, and Elder Law litigation.
Professional Affiliations, Committees
- Washington State Bar Association;
- American Inns of Court, Hon. Robert J. Bryan Chapter XXV, Emeritus status;
- American Bar Association, Judicial Division;
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association;
- Superior Court Judges Association;
- Friends of the Law Library Board Member;
- Washington Women Lawyers.
- 2017 Service to the Legal Profession Community Service Award;
- 2016 Jurist of the Year Award, Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section;
- 2015 Jurist of the Year Award, Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association;
- 2015 Award for improving the collaboration between Joint Base Lewis McChord and the Pierce County Superior Court from the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, I CORPS;
- 2013 Humanitarian Award, Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association;
- 2008 Outstanding Service Award, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association;
- 2006 Outstanding Service Award, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association;
- 2005 Family Law Attorney of the Year, Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association.
Image does not exist