- Departments H-Z
- Parks & Recreation
- Fantasy Lights Walk
Fantasy Lights Walk
November 19-20, 2022
Fantasy Lights Walk returns! Walkers can once again experience the magic of Fantasy Lights by strolling through Spanaway Park on either Saturday, November 19, or Sunday, November 20. Two walking sessions from 4:30-6:30 p.m. and 7:00-9:00 p.m. will be scheduled each night to enjoy the sights and sounds of the holidays, food trucks, and more!
Fantasy Lights Walk takes you through two miles of animated displays at Spanaway Park in Spanaway, Washington. Walkers of all ages and abilities, including wheelchairs and strollers, are invited to take a sneak, non-motorized preview of Fantasy Lights.
Fantasy Lights Walk requires advanced admission purchasing. Each person attending needs a ticket (except for ages 3 and under). Please purchase your tickets in advance, as entry is guaranteed only with a pre-paid ticket.
- $4/person - ONLINE purchases (with a small convenience fee)
- Children ages 3 and under are free
- All ticket purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable
Book tickets for either Saturday or Sunday walk sessions at 4:30 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. by selecting the "BOOK" button below:
Tickets are limited to 2,500 walkers each session to provide a safe and enjoyable time for all. Guests will be asked to select a date and a time at checkout and will be asked to show a printed admission ticket or one loaded on a mobile phone. The QR code will be scanned upon arrival.
Reserved Paid Parking
Reserve a parking space at Sprinker Recreation Center's parking lot, located across from Spanaway Park at 14824 South 'C' Street South in Tacoma. Parking can be purchased at the same time as event tickets by selecting the "BOOK" button above.
- $5/vehicle - ONLINE purchase(with a small convenience fee)
- One parking pass per vehicle, reserve your spot today!
- Parking Directions
- From Sprinker Recreation Center's parking lot all walkers will be guided to Spanaway Park.
Start / Finish
Start and finish the 2.5 miles at Spanaway Park. You can arrive anytime within the purchased walk time period. We will not guarantee your admission if you arrive outside of your purchased time slot.
1000 Military Road South
Spanaway, WA 98387 (map)
- Walk only with strollers, wagons or wheelchairs
- No scooters, in-line skates, skateboards or bikes
- Please no dogs, except service dogs who are trained to service your disability while in attendance. We also request that service dogs be clearly marked for this event due to the large crowds and to prevent confusion by other walkers and volunteer staff.
- Bring a flashlight and wear visible clothing
- The event goes on rain or shine, dress for the weather
- No refunds due to inclement weather
- Bring your camera for a memorable holiday picture
- No vendors are allowed without written approval from the Pierce County Parks and Recreation Department
- Do I have to buy admission ahead of time?
Yes, admission must be purchased online before arriving at the event. Guests will be asked to select a date and time and will be asked to show their e-ticket printed or loaded on their phones. Your QR code will be scanned upon arrival. Guests must arrive on the day and time selected.
- Do I have to buy reserved parking ahead of time?
Reserved parking is optional. We strongly encourage purchasing reserved parking online before arriving at the event. Guests will be asked to show their parking e-tickets printed or loaded on their phones. Your QR code will be scanned upon arrival. Guests must arrive on the day and time selected. Reminder should our parking lot reach capacity, we will only allow those with pre-purchased admission tickets access to the event.
- Help! I lost/deleted/haven't received my ticket after purchasing online, what do I do?
First, look in your spam folder. The emails will come from Fareharbor.com. If you still can’t find them, we can resend your confirmation email or look you up by name/email address on the day of your visit. Contact our Customer Service team at 253-798-4177 or by email at [email protected].
- Where do I park for reserved parking?
Reserved parking is available at Sprinker Recreation Center. Directional signs will be clearly marked on the road. The entrance to the parking area is from “C” Street South, where parking attendants will be more than happy to scan your parking e-ticket and direct you.
- Where can I park if I don’t purchase reserved parking?
We cannot recommend parking outside of our park properties. If parking elsewhere, for safety please walk on the sidewalk along Military Road and cross at the crosswalk into Spanaway Park from the main entrance road after 4:30 p.m.
- How long is the course?
Approximately 2.5 miles. The course takes guests on a circular route through Spanaway Park on paved easy-to-walk areas, beginning and ending at the park entrance on Military Road.
- Is food available for purchase? May I bring food from outside?
Yes! Guests may bring snacks or enjoy delicious warm food options from a variety of food trucks at our Vendor Village inside the park for a reasonable price.
- Are there restrooms available?
Yes, portable restrooms will be located along the route throughout the park.
- Can I buy the Holiday Spec 3D glasses at the event?
Yes, the 3D glasses are available for purchase on-site while supplies last. The souvenir booth will be located in Sprinker Recreation Center's parking lot. If you purchased the glasses online with your ticket admission, the glasses will be available at the park entrance when you arrive for the event. Please let the ticket attendant know glasses were pre-purchased.
- Can I take pictures? What about selfie sticks?
Yes, we encourage guests to take photos– use the hashtag #FANTASYLIGHTSWALK and tag us @piercecountyparks. Guests may also use monopods or selfie sticks with care. As a safety measure, please stay on the paved Walk route when taking pictures and remember to be courteous and not impede viewing or the flow of walkers on the route.
- May I bring a pet?
Pets are not allowed during this event. ADA Service animals are welcome. We also request that service dogs be clearly marked for this event due to the large crowds and to prevent confusion by other walkers and staff.
- Am I allowed to smoke during the Walk?
Spanaway Park is a nicotine-free environment.
- Is there a limit to how many tickets I can purchase?
Guests are welcome to purchase as many tickets as they would like while available. Remember tickets must be pre-purchased online.
- Can I walk into Spanaway Park from Military Road to see the Walk?
Yes, with a pre-paid ticket. Due to the safety of our guests, we ask guests to walk on the sidewalk along Military Road and cross the crosswalk into Spanaway Park from the main entrance road after 4:30 p.m.
- Will the event be cancelled due to the weather?
No, the event will occur in rain, shine, or snow. In fact, the rain and snow make the lights shine even brighter! In the unlikely event of a cancellation, a message will be posted on our Pierce County Parks event website and social media pages, and an email will be sent to registered guests. So, make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!