About the Park
Frontier Park is situated in one of the fastest growing areas of Pierce County, on Meridian between Puyallup and Graham. The park is home to many uses, including the Pierce County Fair, Highland Games, equestrian shows, scouting events, car shows, quarter midget track racing competitions, and casual recreation.
This majestic complex is 71 acres filled with large wooded and turf areas. A $1.3 million renovation project has transformed the former home economics building at Frontier Park into a rustic lodge and provided a link to local history. More than twice as large as the original building, Frontier Lodge was dedicated during a ribbon cutting ceremony on July 12, 2007.
- Rustic theme buildings and picnic shelters are great for rentals
- Kite flying and turf playing areas
- Equestrian facilities with a new horse mounting ramp
- Both paved areas and non-paved trails are great for walking or riding
- Race Track - A quarter midget race track is located at the northwest corner of Frontier Park, next to the back parking lot. The race track is run by the Little Wheels Racing Association.
Park Hours :
The park is open from 7:30 a.m. until dusk, unless otherwise posted. Partial gate closures are in effect for programmed activities/rentals that take place after dusk. During special events gate closures at Frontier Park go into effect. Please contact (253) 798-4049 for special event closures.
- Winter Season. Starting in November, winter season park hours are from 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM daily, unless otherwise posted.
- Fall Season. Starting September 25, fall season park hours are from 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM daily, unless otherwise posted.
- October 25-29, 2023 - Haunted Headlights
From October 20-31 Frontier Park's horse arenas are scheduled to be temporarily closed for the Haunted Headlights event. Limited parking will be available for the public. The entire park will close at 12 noon from October 25-29 to support the event's activities and ensure the safety of the event participants.
- Late July-Mid August - Pierce County Fair.
Access will be limited in Frontier Park from late July through August 17, 2023, due to the set-up and takedown of the Pierce County Fair. The Fair runs August 10-13, 2023. For more details about the fair visit www.piercecountyfair.com.
Horse Mounting Ramp
On August 11, 2019 we dedicated the installation of a horse mounting ramp, designed to assist individuals with mobility issues to safely mount and dismount a horse.
Procurement and installation of the ramp was made by possible by a grant from the Governor’s Committee on Disability Issues & Employment through the Pierce County Accessible Communities Advisory Committee.
The Frontier Park playground was made possible by local students and Graham community members. The remodeled playground is 5,800 square feet, featuring slides, talk tubes, a tunnel, overhead ladders, bridges, crow’s nest, swings, climbing wall and more. The access ramps and colorful recycled rubber surfacing allows easy access and improved safety for all users.