Performance Audit Committee
The Pierce County Performance Audit Committee plans and coordinates performance audits and other studies designed to improve the performance and accountability of Pierce County government. The Pierce County Charter Section 2.20(1)(f) established the Performance Audit function, which is implemented through provisions of Pierce County Code Chapter 1.26.
The committee meets the fourth Wednesday of every month at 10 a.m., unless otherwise noted. The committee conducts hybrid meetings, allowing for in person attendance at the County-City Building, 930 Tacoma Ave. S. in Tacoma, in Council Chambers on the 10th floor, or through remote meeting attendance via Zoom
There are no current solicitations.
Performance Audit Work Program
Performance Audit Annual Reports
Reports released in 2022
- Pierce County Sheriff Vehicle Pursuits: Impacts of State Legislation, December 2022 (updated March 2023), Nathan Schumer and William Vetter, Performance Audit Staff
- Presentation (updated March 2023)
- Pierce County Ferry Comparative Analysis, September 2022, Nathan Schumer, Performance Audit Staff.
- Evaluation of Boards and Commissions, March 2022, Community Attributes, Inc., Seattle, WA.
- Pierce County Homeless Services Assessment, February 2022, by ECONorthwest, Portland, OR.
Reports released in 2021
- Sheriff's Department Use of Force Comparative Analysis, December 2021, Nathan Schumer, Performance Audit Staff.
- Behavioral Health Tax Program Evaluation Plan, December 2021, Wiliam Vetter, Performance Audit Staff.
- Performance Audit Risk Assessment, June 2021, By Sjoberg Evashenk Consulting, Sacramento, CA
Performance Audit Dashboards
As part of its audit function, the Performance Audit Committee analyzes data and information to look for trends and patterns that can be used to help improve the function of government.
The Performance Audit Committee is composed of six members: three Pierce County Council members, the county executive or designee, and two at-large members selected by the four county committee members.
The committee provides guidance and oversight on the Performance Audit function of Pierce County.
|Amy Cruver||Vice Chair|
|Gary Robinson||County Finance Director|
Bill Vetter, Lead staff
Linda Medley, Clerk