Connecting to the Sewer System
Residential, Commercial & Industrial Connections
We're here to help you get your home, business or development connected to the sewer system.
- Check if your property is in the Pierce County Sewer Service Area
- View the Sewer Service Area Map. If your address is in the salmon-colored area, you are in our service area.
- Get approval of on-site septic systems
- All septic systems must be approved by the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department.
- New on-site septic systems are not allowed in urban areas where sewer service is available.
- Ensure that your sewer project is in compliance with Pierce County's standard plans and details
- Use our Standard Plans and Details to complete your designs.
- Fill out the necessary Standard Forms.
- Scan your documents and submit your project electronically through Pierce County's online permitting system.
- ALL publicly and privately designed sewer systems that connect to Pierce County's system are reviewed for compliance with our standard plans and details.
- Learn what happens after your sewer permit has been issued
- Planning & Public Works must inspect the sewer construction before it is accepted by the County.
- Review the standard forms and plans to make sure you are in compliance.
Final Sanitary Sewer Development Specifications
The most recent Sanitary Sewer Development Specifications and the Sewer Standard Details Manual is available below.