Survey, Mapping & Utilities

Survey Monuments

A survey monument defines roadway alignments and property boundaries.

Franchised Utility Information

In order for a utility company to place their facilities (pipes, wires, poles, etc.) in the county road right-of-way, they must have a franchise agreement in place with Pierce County. 

Manual on Accommodating Utilities

The 6th Edition of the Manual on Accommodating Utilities went into effect Aug. 1, 2021. Learn more at

Utility Permit Information & Applications

Permits may be required depending on the magnitude of the work a utility company plans to perform. The specific information on classes of utility permits is detailed in the Manual on Accommodating Utilities.

For the most up-to-date permit forms and contact information, please see the printable/editable forms below. We are currently not able to process permits online.

View the Permit Fee Schedule.

Contact Us
Send a message arrow

Richard A Dickman, PLS
Survey Supervisor
Phone: (253) 798-3216 

Jerry West
Franchised Utility
Phone: (253) 798-3687

Corina Alvarez
Class B, C & D Utility
Right-of-Way Permits
Phone: (253) 798-4824

Rondi Downs
Class B, C & D Utility 
Right-of-Way Permits
Phone: (253) 798-3214

Scott Wright
General Utility Questions
Phone: (253) 798-3482
Cell: (253) 381-6315

Josh Kotulan 
General Utility Questions
Phone: (253) 798-6817
Cell: (253) 732-2355

After Hours Emergency:
(253) 798-6000

7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
2702 S 42nd St., Suite 109
Tacoma, WA 98409