Pierce County Jail Visiting
Deputies of the Pierce County Jail realize how important it is for inmates and their families to experience face-to-face visits. Because of the high ratio of inmates to Corrections Deputies, it is necessary to follow a structured visit schedule.
Visiting Hours & Driving Directions
View the visiting hours and locate driving directions for the various Pierce County jail facilities.
Visiting Sign Up & General Information
Inmates are responsible for scheduling their own visitation and informing visitor(s) about their current visiting schedule, including changes to the schedule, cancellations or rescheduled visits.
- Inmates will be able to schedule their visits up to seven days in advance.
- Inmates must provide a complete name and date of birth for each person visiting. This information (authorized visits) will be entered into the visiting logs by unit officers.
- All visitors must have an approved picture identification. Acceptable forms of identification are: Valid drivers license, state identification or other official identification with picture, physical description and signature.
- Visiting sessions will be one hour.
- Visitor sign up begins 45 minutes prior to the visit and ends 15 minutes before the visit begins.
- Any visitor arriving at the facility late or without a visiting appointment will be turned away.
- There will be no visitor sign up the day of visiting.
- The same visitor may not visit the same inmate more than once per day.
- Only a parent, grandparent or documented legal guardian may accompany a minor child to visit an inmate.
- A maximum of two children will be allowed to visit with one adult. If there are two adults, only one child may accompany them. No more than two adults may visit at one time.
- All visitors will be checked for warrants and no-contact orders. Visitors with warrants will be arrested upon their arrival.
- Visiting appointments may be cancelled by the inmate up to 24 hours in advance of the scheduled visit. Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance of a scheduled visit will be counted as a visit.
- Visitors who do not follow the visiting rules for the Corrections Center will have their visiting privileges suspended.
For More Information
For more information on visiting, contact Custody at (253) 798-4590 or Administration at (253) 798-4668.