Let's Go Ice Skating!
Know Before You Go - Phase 2 Public Skate Procedures
To ensure a safe environment for all skaters and staff we will be implementing the following protocols consistent with state and local guidance:
- Skaters must pre-register online before the start of the session. Only pre-registered skaters will be allowed to enter the rink, there will be no onsite admission ticket sales. Online pre-registration allows us to contact trace participant rosters if a positive case is reported during the session you are skating in.
- Skaters are limited to 50 per session. In accordance with the current state mandate we are limiting our public skate to no more than 50 participants at a time. We strongly encourage families that wish to skate together to pre-register at the same time to ensure there is enough capacity for your entire family.
- Skaters must wear face coverings at all times on the premises, even during skating. Skaters who remove their face covering will be given one reminder of the 100% mask mandate. Any additional occurrences of non mask compliance will result in immediate loss of skating privileges and removal from the premises.
- Gloves are highly encouraged while skating
- Skaters must maintain social distance (6’ separation) on the ice at all times. Skating will be in a counter-clockwise direction for all skaters to assist with distancing. Household family members may skate in a group, however, anyone outside the household must remain socially distanced at all times. Only Sprinker private lesson coaches may conduct lessons, no other figure skating routines will be allowed.
- One spectator or guardian is allowed per reservation. Spectators must wear face coverings at all times. There will be no spectating allowed in the ice arena lobby. All spectators must view from the 2nd story mezzanine. Bleachers are marked with proper social distancing spacing. Please do not stand along the railing.
- Skaters should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to the start of their session. Skaters will check in at the front desk with their reservations QR code provided in their confirmation email. They will then find a marked socially distanced location in the lobby. At the conclusion of the session (or if leaving early) please remove your skates in the same location and immediately exit. Please place used rental skates on grey carts located throughout the lobby. >
- Social gatherings are not allowed inside the ice arena or viewing areas. This applies to skaters (on or off the ice) as well as spectators or parents.
- Concession stands will be closed but vending beverages and snacks will be available. Food and beverage are not allowed on the ice and sharing with others is not allowed.
- Skate aids are first come first served and only available for purchase once inside the facility.
- Refunds or reschedules requests must be submitted 24/hrs. in advance to SRCice@piercecountywa.gov. There will be no refunds or reschedules for no shows due to limited reservation availability.
We truly appreciate your help in following these new rules to ensure a safe environment for you and everyone else at the rink.