Learn to Skate
Welcome to Sprinker Recreation Center’s ISI Learn To Skate program. Sprinker strives to provide a fun and safe experience, to teach the correct technique of the simple basic elements, to promote health and physical fitness, and enable all participants to develop skills necessary for a lifetime of skating.
Each skater will receive:
- 30 minute group instruction with a certified ISI Coach
- Rental figure or hockey skates for classes
- practice on the public session the day of lesson
- 2 free admissions to the public sessions
- Skill evaluation, ribbon and or badge.
- $90 for 9 lessons
- $70 for 7 lessons
- $15 yearly ISI Membership is required.
ISI membership is for skaters of all ages and abilities, from beginning to recreational to competitive levels. All skaters must be current ISI members to enroll in classes.
- Register online or by phone at (253)798-4000.
Levels of Instruction Include:
- Pre Skate 1, 2, 3, 4 (Ages 4-6)
- Beginning 1 (Ages 7-Adult)
- Beginning 2, PreAlpha, Alpha 1 & 2, Beta 1 & 2, Gamma 1 & 2, Delta 1 & 2, Beginning Freestyle, Freestyle 1, Freestyle 2, Freestyle 3 & Beginning Freestyle 4.
$90 - 9 weeks
Spring Session 3
(no class April 6)
- Most class levels will be limited to 9 participants per instructor when possible. Make up lessons are not available.
- ISI Membership required. If paying online, add to the cart before checking out. If a class is full, please add the participant to the waiting list. ISI membership is not required for the waitlist.
Spring Session 2023: Begins March 11
Registration opens February 4, 2023
All classes are 30 minutes in length. Class times are subject to change based on enrollment and are reassigned on the first day of class.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your class time for possible changes and to pick up attendance punch cards. Skaters should be ready to go with their skates 5 minutes prior to the start of class.
- PreSkate and beginning skaters are encouraged to wear an All-Sport Safety helmet. All skaters should wear gloves, long pants, warm layered clothing, and appropriate socks (not too thick) is recommended for all levels.
- Freestyle level skaters should wear skating attire such as yoga pants, joggers, and leggings. Long hair should be pulled back away from the face. Figure Skates are recommended for this level but not required.