About Spanaway Park Picnic Shelters
Spanaway Park offers five covered, open-sided picnic shelters. Each shelter has electricity, running water, tables, concrete floors, and a large grill. Picnic shelters are located throughout the park and offer access to other Park amenities such as lake entry, the playground, and walking trails. The Park sits adjacent to Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
Shelters are available for reservations from April through September and are accepted up to six months in advance to the date desired. Reservation requests must be submitted at least two weeks before the event date.
All reservations are processed in the order received during regular business hours. When checking the availability, please note that it is subject to change without notice. Picnic shelter reservations are subject to staff approval and payment is required to confirm the reservation. Shelter reservations are not finalized until confirmation of payment and a permit are issued.
Please check the availability calendar prior to submitting a reservation request. Questions about a rental, please contact Pierce County Parks by email at [email protected] or call (253) 798-4177, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2022 Spanaway Park Picnic Shelter Availability with Special Events:
The following events will impact picnic shelter and parking availability at Spanaway Park:
- June 11, 2022 - Water Lantern Festival - The park will remain open but shelters C, D, E will not be available for reservations during the Water Lantern Festival.
- August 27, 2022 - Spana'Jam - The park will remain open but all of the shelters A-E will not be available for reservations during the Spana'Jam event.
|A or C
||Up to 100
||10 a.m. - dusk
|B or E
||Up to 200||10 a.m. - dusk
||Up to 300||10 a.m. - dusk
|| 10 a.m. - dusk
- Capacity includes the shelter and surrounding areas.
- Shelter reservation does not include parking or boat launching fees.
- Valid Washington State Parks Disabled American Veterans Lifetime Pass holders receive a 25% discount.
- All fees must be paid in full in order to receive a permit.
- All fees subject to change
Cancellations & Rescheduling
A non-refundable cancellation fee of $25 will be charged. Cancellations must be made at least 14 days in advance of the reservation date to be eligible for a refund. Cancellations less than 14 days before the scheduled event will result in the loss of the entire reservation fee.
Picnic shelter reservations, large group special events, and car shows require submitting a Special Use Request form.
Forms are accepted up to six months in advance. Reservations are processed in the order received Monday through Friday, during regular business hours.
Park Map and Reservation Rules
Please leave the area clean and remove any decorations.
Self-contained barbecues are allowed in the park. Barbecues must be a minimum of six inches off the ground. Please remember to safely remove and dispose of the coals and/or grease outside of the park.