About Spanaway Park Picnic Shelters
Spanaway Park's five covered, open-sided picnic shelters. Each shelter has concrete floors, tables, a large grill, electricity, running water, and is close to many of the park amenities.
Picnic shelters are available for reservations May through September. Reservations are accepted up to six months in advance to the date desired, on a space available basis, first-paid basis.
Reservations are processed in the order received during regular business hours. When checking the availability of a date and/or site, that availability is subject to change without notice. Picnic shelter reservations are confirmed when we receive a completed application along with payment and a permit is issued.
All picnic shelters are closed from October through April of each year. You are welcome to call Pierce County Parks at (253) 798-4000 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.to 4 p.m.) to check on the availability of dates.
Large group special events and car shows require a Special Use Request in addition to a shelter reservation application.
2021 Spanaway Park Picnic Shelter Availability with Special Events:
- September 11, 2021 Water Lantern Festival will impact picnic shelter and parking availability. The park will remain open but shelter C, D, E will not be available for reservations during the Water Lantern Festival.
|A or C
||Up to 100
||10 a.m. - dusk
|B or E
||Up to 200||10 a.m. - dusk
||Up to 300||10 a.m. - dusk
|| 10 a.m. - dusk
- Capacity includes the shelter and surrounding area.
- Valid Washington State Parks Disabled American Veterans Lifetime Pass holders receive a 25% discount.
- Shelter reservation fee does not include the parking fee nor the boat launching fee. All fees must be paid in full in order to receive a permit.
- All fees subject to change
Cancellations & Rescheduling
A non-refundable $25 cancellation fee will be charged to cancel a reservation. Cancellations must be made at least 14 days in advance of the reservation date to be eligible for a refund. Cancellations made less than 14 days before the scheduled event date will result in the loss of the entire reservation fee.
There is a $25 processing fee for any event that is rescheduled more than once, regardless of the reason for reschedule. All rescheduling are subject to availability.
Park Map and Reservation Rules
All trash receptacles have been removed from the park. Patrons are responsible to carry in and out trash. Please leave the area clean and remove any decorations.
You are welcome to bring self-contained barbecues. Your barbecue must be a minimum of six inches off the ground. Please remember that you are responsible for safe removal and disposal of the coals and/or grease outside of the park.