About Spanaway Park Picnic Shelters
Spanaway Park offers five covered, open-sided picnic shelters. Each shelter has electricity, running water, tables, concrete floors, and a large grill. Picnic shelters are located throughout the park and offer access to other Park amenities such as lake entry, the playground, and walking trails. The Park sits adjacent to Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
Shelters are available for reservations from April through September and are accepted up to six months in advance to the date desired. Reservation requests must be submitted at least two weeks before the event date.
All reservations are processed in the order received during regular business hours. When checking the availability, please note that it is subject to change without notice. Picnic shelter reservations are subject to staff approval and payment is required to confirm the reservation. Shelter reservations are not finalized until confirmation of payment and a permit are issued.
New Shelter Reservation System
Booking a picnic shelter in Spanaway Park is easier than ever with the new reservation system. The new system features the ability to view dates, reservation fees, choose a preferred shelter, and enter contact and payment information.
In addition, the reservation system is easy to use and provides detailed information and pictures of each shelter, allowing you to visualize the shelter before booking. Deposit and reservation fees are included in every price on the site to prevent any surprise costs at the end of the transaction. Once the booking is complete, customers will receive a confirmation email and a permit.
Pierce County Parks staff are available Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. to assist with picnic shelter reservation questions at (253) 798-4177 or [email protected].
- $95/day - Picnic Shelter A (capacity - up to 100 guests)
- $115/day - Picnic Shelter B (capacity - up to 200 guests)
- $95/day - Picnic Shelter C (capacity - up to 100 guests)
- $160/day - Picnic Shelter D (capacity - up to 300 guests)
- $115/day - Picnic Shelter E (capacity - up to 200 guests)
- $220/day - Ball fields
Damage Deposit Fees:
- A damage deposit of 50% of the shelter fee will be charged. The damage deposit is to be paid in addition to the rental fee at the time of reservation.
- Damage deposits are refundable as long as the picnic shelter and surrounding area are clean after the event and no damage occurs. Failure to meet these conditions will result in forfeiture of your damage deposit and may also include the applicant being responsible for additional charges and forfeiture of future reservation privileges.
- Picnic shelter reservations are available from April to September every year.
- The shelter capacity includes both the shelter and surrounding areas
- Reservation time is from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- The shelter reservation does not include parking or boat launching fees
- Valid Washington State Parks Disabled American Veterans Lifetime Pass holders receive a 25% discount
- All fees must be paid in full in order to receive a permit
- All fees subject to change
Cancellations & Rescheduling
A non-refundable cancellation fee of $25 will be charged. Cancellations must be made at least 14 days in advance of the reservation date to be eligible for a refund. Cancellations less than 14 days before the scheduled event will result in the loss of the entire reservation fee.
Spanaway Park Picnic Shelter Availability with Special Events:
The following events will impact the picnic shelter and parking availability at Spanaway Park:
- April 30, 2023- Water Lantern Festival - The park will remain open, but shelters C, D, and E will not be available for reservations during the Water Lantern Festival.
- August 26, 2023 - Mobile Food Fest - The park will remain open, but all of the shelters (A-E) are not available for reservations during the event.
- August 27, 2023 - Classic Car Show - The park will remain open, but all of the shelters (A-E) are not available for reservations during the event. The boat launch will also be closed for the event.
Please leave the area clean and remove any decorations.
Self-contained barbecues are allowed in the park. Barbecues must be a minimum of six inches off the ground. Please remember to safely remove and dispose of the coals and/or grease outside of the park.