Hockey - Sprinker Recreation Center
Skate & Scrimmage (ADULTS ONLY)
- Adult only - Must be 18+
- 24 players and 3 goalies allowed per session
- Masks to be worn by everyone in the building and on the ice at all times.
- Skater should arrive dressed for their session. Full gear required.
- Skater should arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to their reserved time and leave 10 minutes after the session has ended.
- Locker rooms and showers will not be available at this time.
- Social distancing will be required while in the lobby.
- All games are non-checking
Adult Hockey Learn To Play Class (Ages 18+)
Interested in playing hockey? Never skated before or it’s been long enough for a refresher? Old enough to vote? Then this is the class for you. Our class will work on your skating skills, teach you stick handling, develop your game knowledge and fundamentals and prepare you to play in a league.
Full equipment required:HECC approved helmet, hockey pants, support cup/pelvic protector, hockey gloves, shin/elbow/shoulder pads, internal mouth guard, and a regulation ice hockey stick. Gear lists available at Sprinker Recreation Center or the Pro Shop at 253-531-6300.
In addition to adult hockey class/program registration, USA Hockey membership and the Greater Seattle Hockey League membership are required:
Adult Hockey Learn To Play Schedule - Beginning Lessons
To pre-register online for classes, please select the session below.
|Session 3: March 1-29||Monday||7:15-8:15 PM||$60 (5 weeks)|
|Session 4: April 12-June 7|
(no class May 31)
|Monday||7:15-8:15 PM||$96 (8 weeks)|
Youth Hockey ADM (American Development Model) Lessons
This program will focus on the skating skills used for hockey. Skaters will learn a variety of skills ranging from forward skating to backward skating on one and two feet, stick handling, and some game instruction.
|Fees:||$50 (5 weeks) - Session 3|
$80 (8 weeks) - Session 4
|$49 USA Hockey Membership Required|
To join USA Hockey visit www.usahockey.com, click on “players” then click on “register.” Register as a Player/Coach and then follow the instructions. Print out your PDF receipt and bring it to the first class. Membership goes 09/01 - 8/31.
Pre-register: Pre-register for classes online by selecting the session below or call (253) 798-4000
|Session 3: March 1-29||Sunday||4:00-5:00 PM|
|Session 4: April 11-June 13|
(no class 5/9, 5/30)
|Sunday||4:00-5:00 PM (Beginner)|
5:00-6:00 PM (Advanced)*
*Advanced class enrollment must be approved by Hockey Coach
- Hockey skates & regulation hockey stick are not required.
- Hockey skates are available to rent at no charge (size 5 and smaller only).
HECC approved helmet (with face mask), hockey pants, support cup/pelvic protector, hockey gloves, shin/elbow/shoulder pads, internal mouth guard, and regulation hockey stick.
Youth Gear Rental
Don’t have gear? We rent! $50 (+tax) +$100 deposit / per person / per session
Gear packages are intended for the younger (or smaller) beginning skater. Sizes run small so you will want to attend the fitting date for your session. Quantities are limited and therefore will be distributed at the fitting date or after the first class. Gear may be rented out for one session only and must be turned in (complete) prior to the start of the next session to receive full deposit refund. Package includes all gear with the exception of supporter with cup/or pelvic protector, internal mouth guard, full coverage throat protector/neck guard, hockey skates and hockey sticks. GEAR RENTAL IS NOT GUARANTEED.
Gear is available for purchase at our Pro Shop (253) 531-6300, located on the second floor of Sprinker Recreation Center.
- Contact Sprinker Recreation Center 253-798-4000 for current fitting dates.
New to the game of hockey? USA Hockey offers great videos on equipment and fitting guides, hockey rules, playing and training tips, and product reviews.
Covid-19 restrictions while visiting Sprinker Recreation Center
- FACIAL COVERINGS/MASKS AND GLOVES - each skater must provide their own and wear them while participating in class on and off the ice.
- ONE SPECTATOR - Spectators/Chaperones are allowed to remain in the upstairs arena viewing area.
- Classes will be limited to 25 skaters per class to maintain social distancing