Contact Us

Road, River and Pond Maintenance

Pierce County Works Portal
(253) 798-6000

Requests will be acted on within 24 hours or the next business day

  • Road, river and pond maintenance
  • Pavement repair, potholes and resurfacing
  • Drainage system and culvert maintenance
  • Grading and graveling shoulder areas
  • Clearing roads of snow, downed trees, and debris
  • Street sweeping and litter removal
  • Roadside brush cutting and mowing
  • Illegally placed signs

After Hours Road Emergencies

Emergency maintenance: (253) 798-6000
After-hours road emergencies (except downed signs)

Signs and Signals 24-Hour Response: (253) 798-8000
Downed signs or signal problems

How to Request Maintenance of a Non-County Road

Private Road Maintenance

Private roads have not been dedicated for public use and are not maintained by any government body.

In most cases, citizens living on the road must collaborate and establish maintenance needs and how to pay for them. Formal arrangements for private road maintenance can sometimes be found on the original plat drawings submitted to Pierce County and may have been recorded by the Pierce County Auditor's Office.

City Street Maintenance

Streets inside city or town limits are maintained by that city. For assistance, contact the appropriate municipal office.

State Highway Maintenance

State-maintained roads are paved or concrete roads designated as either an interstate, U.S. highway or state highway. Contact Washington State DOT Maintenance and Operations to request maintenance.

Other Road Contact Information

Floodline & Storm Drainage Complaints

 (253) 798-4274
Report flooding and private property storm drainage concerns. 

Please note: water over a public road can be reported to (253) 798-6000.

Code Enforcement

 Report illegal dumping, junk vehicles and other code enforcement issues

Survey Monument Maintenance Request Form

Use this link to report damaged or missing survey monuments