Sprinker Recreation Center offers a number of daily freestyle skating sessions for figure skaters. These are special sessions provided for the practice of jumps, spins, turns, advanced skating skills, etc. All Freestyle sessions, regardless of level, are strictly for figure skating practice and figure skating lessons unless otherwise noted.
Freestyle sessions are practice sessions reserved for figure skaters in private lessons with a Sprinker instructor. Sessions are 45-60 minutes and give skaters in our program an opportunity to practice amongst other figure skaters in a fun and positive environment while building camaraderie.
Starting June 20, 2022 - All freestyle sessions will be divided by levels. All sessions must be purchased and registered ahead of time online.
Levels are divided by the highest US Figure Skating or ISI test PASSED.
- OPEN FREESTYLE SESSION REQUIREMENTS: Open to any level of figure skater.
Singles Free Skating, Pairs, and Dance only. Skaters under the age of 6 must have a private lesson scheduled. No hockey skating is allowed. Private lesson instructors are strongly encouraged to promote safety and Freestyle Session etiquette. No high-level skating programs are allowed unless in a private lesson or approved by the skating director.
- LOW FREESTYLE SESSION REQUIREMENTS: For levels Tot thru ISI Freestyle 4/Adult Bronze.
Tots under 6, Beginning 1 & 2, must have a booked private lesson with an instructor in order to skate the Low Freestyle Session.
- HIGH FREESTYLE REQUIREMENTS: For US Figure Skating Pre-Pre thru Senior/Adult Silver/ISI Freestyle 5. Skaters must be currently competing at the USFS Pre-Pre Free Skate or above and able to land a fully rotated Axel.
New - Rink Music System
We are excited to announce a new rink music playback system for skaters to transport, play, and control their music programs.Beginning June 20, music will be played solely through the RinkMusic system for all freestyle sessions.
Click HERE to learn more about RinkMusic.
Pre-Registration & Payment Required Online
- Select the session(s) desired in the calendar below. Skaters may select more than one session per day.
- Cost is $10 for 45-60 minutes. VISA/MC credit/debit and Sprinker Gift Cards.
- Beginning June 20, payment must be made online prior to skating.
- Avoid fees by purchasing the gift card to pay for sessions.
Refunds will only be provided for medical emergencies or rink closure. No shows and calls made after the start of the session will not receive a refund. If an injury occurs during a session skaters must have their skating coach or the Skating Coordinator (Janice Teodoro-Forbes) approval to receive a credit for their session.
Private lessons are available for all ages and abilities. Some students find that individual instruction is the best way to fine tune their skating skills. You can choose to use private lessons to supplement your Learn to Skate Lesson. Private Lesson information is available by contacting our Figure Skating Director, Janice Forbes.
Private Lesson fees are paid directly to the instructor and do not include ice time or skate rental. Ice time is paid directly to Sprinker Recreation Center prior to the start of the session.
|Meet the Coaches|