We’ve completed preliminary engineering and developed right-of-way plans for a project (CRP 5641). The project development has been placed on hold pending future traffic needs.
About the Project
Planned improvements to the intersection of 78th Avenue East / 192nd Street East (CRP 5641)
are intended to increase the efficiency of the intersection and improve safety. Improvements would include the following:
- Reconstructing the existing traffic signal system
- Installing street lighting at the intersection
- Constructing left-turn lanes on 78th Avenue East
- Constructing cement concrete curb, gutter, and sidewalk on 78th Avenue East
- Reconstruction of the storm drainage system
Design work on the project has stopped now that right-of-way plans have been completed. No additional work, such as right-of-way acquisition or construction for the project is anticipated in the foreseeable future.
March 2014 to March 2017:
Preliminary engineering, environmental review, preliminary plans, estimate, final right-of-way plans.
March 2017 and beyond:
Right-of-way acquisition, environmental permitting, final engineering, and construction are all dependent on additional funding. The schedule for these activities has not been determined.
January 2022: Project placed on hold due to funding constraints and changes in project priorities.