Adult Entertainment


An Adult Entertainer Dancer is a person who dances or otherwise performs for or at an erotic dance studio and seeks to arouse or excite the patrons' sexual desires.
An Adult Entertainer Manager is any person who manages, directs, administers, or is in charge of the affairs and/or conduct of any portion of any activity at an erotic dance studio.
An Erotic dance studio is a fixed place of business which emphasizes and seeks, through one or more dancers, to arouse or excite the patrons' sexual desires.


Any individual or business in unincorporated Pierce County meeting the above definitions must obtain a license from the Pierce County Auditor’s Office. These licenses are annual licenses and must be renewed upon expiration.

Applicants for a Dancer or Manager License must appear in person with two pieces of ID, such as: Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Naturalization, Passport, Military ID, or State ID Card. Applicants will also need four (4) face forward photos. Photos can be taken at our office. Applicants must pass a background check.

First time Establishment applications should review our checklist and contact our office for any questions regarding the application.

Pierce County Code Chapter 5   |   RCW 49.17.470


Business License Fees Fee Amount
Erotic Dance Studio
Adult Entertainer Manager  $100.00
Adult Entertainer  $100.00
Adult Entertainer / Manager Duplicate License $30.00