1. All applicants are required to complete the “Know Your Rights” training before you can apply.
You will need to print your certificate and submit with your application. You can do this training from home with a computer and printer, or you can do it in our lobby on the kiosk.
The training certificate can be printed by selecting the printer icon in the upper right hand of the completed certificate screen. You will need to type in your name before printing. Do not use the “Print Results” button.
2. You will need to schedule a fingerprint and background check appointment with South Sound 911. Please schedule online at https://southsoundwa.permitium.com/fingerprint/start. You will need to select Pierce County Business License as the appointment option. These appointments can be 2-3 weeks out. You will need to take the Sheriff Supplemental form with one photo to your appointment at South Sound 911. Once you have been printed, results will be sent directly to our office.
3. Two pieces of identification listed on the application (Driver’s License, ID Card, Birth Certificate, Passport, Military ID or Naturalization Certificate).
4. Four clear front facing photos 2x2 in size. You can print your own pictures or go to Walgreens, Walmart or any location that does passport photos.
5. Completed application and check or money order in the amount of $100.00.
6. Once ready to apply, schedule an appointment on our website, Monday through Friday between 8:30 and 4:30.
7. Bring the listed items to your appointment. Once the application is processed you will receive a temporary license that will allow you to work. We must receive your fingerprint results before this temporary expires.
8. Once we receive the approval from the Sheriff, the license will be mailed to the club.
An Adult Entertainer Dancer is a person who dances or otherwise performs for or at an erotic dance studio and seeks to arouse or excite the patrons' sexual desires.
An Adult Entertainer Manager is any person who manages, directs, administers, or is in charge of the affairs and/or conduct of any portion of any activity at an erotic dance studio.
An Erotic dance studio is a fixed place of business which emphasizes and seeks, through one or more dancers, to arouse or excite the patrons' sexual desires.
Any individual or business in unincorporated Pierce County meeting the above definitions must obtain a license from the Pierce County Auditor’s Office. These licenses are annual licenses and must be renewed upon expiration.
Applicants for a Dancer or Manager License must appear in person with two pieces of ID, such as: Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Naturalization, Passport, Military ID, or State ID Card. Applicants will also need four (4) face forward photos. Photos can be taken at our office. Applicants must pass a background check.
First time Establishment applications should review our checklist and contact our office for any questions regarding the application.
|Business License Fees||Fee Amount
|Erotic Dance Studio
|Adult Entertainer Manager||$100.00|
|Adult Entertainer / Manager Duplicate License||$30.00|