Animal Licensing

We license pets and animal businesses in unincorporated Pierce County, Orting, Fife and the towns of Carbonado and South Prairie.

Renew your pet license online.

License a new pet.
Pet License Fees

University Place Pet License Information

You'll receive a permanent tag for the life of your animal. Replacement tags are available for $5.

No longer have a pet? Update your pet's status online.

View Kennel and Animal Business Licensing info.

Other Areas of the County

For more information about animal services in areas we do not serve, visit Pierce County Pets.


Your tax deductible donation helps support sheltering and emergency rescue efforts. Please send your check to:

  • Pierce County Pet Licensing/Donations
    2401 S. 35th St., Room 200
    Tacoma, WA 98409
Call 253-798-7445 with questions about Pet Licensing.

Looking for other services? Please visit Animal Control.