Animal Complaints

We are dedicated to protecting people and animals. Violations of county code and/or state law can have big penalties - from a $246 infraction to imprisonment.

We have two ways to file a complaint - online or by phone. Emergencies such as aggressive and threatening animals currently loose, injured domestic animals, and animal cruelty/abuse in progress should be reported to 911.

Filing a complaint


Please fill out our online form.

By Phone:

Please call our non-emergency phone number: (253) 798-PETS (7387). If directed to leave a message, please include your name, address, phone number, the nature of your complaint and the animal owner’s address, if known. After making a complaint, you may be contacted to obtain a statement or additional information.

If you are directed to submit an affidavit please remember:
  • You must obtain an incident number prior to completing and returning an affidavit to Pierce County Animal Control.
  • Affidavits can be downloaded, printed and mailed to: Pierce County Sheriff's Department, Attn: Animal Control,14113 Pacific Ave. S., Parkland WA 98444.
  • You may also submit the affidavit via email.

Animal Control

Pierce County Sheriff’s Department

Parkland-Spanaway Precinct

14113 Pacific Ave S, Parkland, WA 98444

Phone: (253) 798-PETS (7387)

Email Animal Control

Report Complaints