Animal Noise Complaints

Animal noise, especially barking dogs, is a common problem. Pierce County’s goal is to resolve the problem by encouraging neighbors to work together to find a reasonable solution.

Communicate With the Animal Owner

Talk to the animal owner about the problem. Sometimes owners are not aware of the problem, especially when they are not home. You may want to share some helpful tips from The Humane Society with your neighbor.

Make a Complaint

Complaints can be submitted by telephone, 253-798-PETS (7387) or by using the online form. This will allow Pierce County Animal Control to send a warning letter and regulations to the animal owner, making them fully aware of the problem.

If the Noise Continues

  1. Identify at least two other neighbors who are disturbed by the noise. We must have three neighbors joining in the complaint. This helps our Animal Control Officers verify that the animal noise is a significant community problem, and not just a personal dispute between two neighbors.
  2. Request an incident number from Animal Control. The incident number will tie together the letters, calls, and complaints.
  3. Make certain that you have an exact address for the noisy animal.
  4. Complete a Nuisance Animal Affidavit. Call 253-798-PETS (7387) and we’ll mail the form to you. Or, download the form.
  5. Submit the Nuisance Animal Affidavit by mail or email attachment:
    Pierce County Sheriff's Department
    14113 Pacific Ave S, Parkland, WA 98444
  6. Email: [email protected]
TIP: Don’t stop documenting the noise. Animal Control may take escalating enforcement action. Your documentation will be essential. Please continue to send us updated documentation, referencing the incident number.

Animal Control

Pierce County Sheriff’s Department

Parkland-Spanaway Precinct

14113 Pacific Ave S, Parkland, WA 98444

Phone: (253) 798-PETS (7387)

Email Animal Control

Report Complaints