Affordable Housing Financing
Affordable Housing Financing:
Human Services in partnership with the Pierce County Community Development Corporation provides financing for the development and preservation of affordable rental housing and the development of homeownership opportunities all to benefit low income households in Pierce County. Funding is allocated at least once per year through a competitive Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA). Sources of funding include:
- Federal HUD: HOME Investment Partnership Program;
- Local: SHB 2060 Document Recording Fee Fund; and
- Local: 1406 Affordable Sales Tax Fund.
Human Services provides funding to developers and owners of affordable housing for the following eligible activities:
- Acquisition and new construction of affordable rental housing;
- Acquisition and rehabilitation of affordable rental housing;
- Rehabilitation of existing affordable rental housing;
- Acquisition, rehabilitation and/or new construction of homeownership housing for sale to low income buyers; and
- Operating and Maintenance of existing affordable rental housing.
The 2020 NOFA is anticipated to be released the summer of 2020. To receive email notification when NOFA is published, please subscribe to the Human Services Solicitations and Competitive Bids distribution list.
- 2019 Affordable Housing Development and Preservation NOFA
- 2020 Affordable Housing Development and Preservation NOFA
Home Program Resources:
HOME Program Regulations
2019 HOME Program Income and Rent Limits for Pierce County
Pierce County HOME Rental Housing Policies
Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) Application
SHB 2060 Program Resources:
SHB 2060 Legislation
SHB 2060 Interlocal Agreements
SHB 2060 Funding Fact Sheet
1406 Affordable Housing Sales Tax:
Guidelines for program are currently in development.
Affordable Housing Awards:
2017 Affordable Housing Capital Awards
2018 Affordable Housing Awards
2019 Affordable Housing Awards
2020 Affordable Housing Awards
For more information contact:Bryan Schmid, Housing Supervisor
Ph: (253) 798-6909