This project was completed on Aug. 3.
Work on the project began in April 2019, with crews clearing bushes and trees, removing guardrails and excavating shoulders. Utility companies relocated utility lines and poles from late April to late June. In July and August, crews installed retaining walls and temporary drainage facilities.
While a bypass road was in place from July 29 to Aug. 23, crews excavated and rebuilt 62nd Avenue Northwest. A stormwater detention vault was installed under the road before the road was rebuilt.
Through the fall, crews widened and resurfaced 144th Street Northwest, installed storm drainage facilities and retaining walls, installed street lights, applied temporary striping, and installed guardrails.
A new traffic signal system was activated at the 62nd Avenue Northwest and 144th Street Northwest intersection on Feb. 19, 2020.
About the Project
The improvements are intended to improve safety and increase the efficiency of the intersection. Improvements will include the following:
- Installing a traffic signal system.
- Providing street lighting on 144th Street Northwest.
- Adding a westbound left-turn lane on 144th Street Northwest at the intersection.
- Adding a two-way left-turn lane on 144th Street Northwest from 62nd Avenue Northwest to the school parking lot entrance.
- Providing a northbound left-turn lane and a right-turn lane on 62nd Avenue Northwest.
- Constructing retaining walls.
- Adding stormwater treatment facilities and detention vault.
Active Construction Inc. is the contractor. The construction cost is approximately $2.4 million and is funded with County Road Funds.