Auditors Office Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I change my name?
- How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate?
- Has my marriage certificate been returned?
- Can the three day waiting period be waived?
- What are the minimum ages for applicants?
- What if one of the applicants is 17? Can he/she get a license?
- How do I get divorced?
- How long is a marriage license valid?
- What type of ID is accepted?
- Is there a waiting period before I can use the license?
- Is the license only valid in Washington?
- How much is the marriage license?
- What if I lost my marriage packet?
- What do I need to bring in?
- Is all information on the marriage certificate mandatory?
- What if the person doesn't know the information on one of the parents?
- What if I don't know the information at the time I apply, but I can find it before we are married?
- What if one of us is not legally divorced yet, can we still apply for a marriage license?
- Can we get married again in Washington even if we are legally married in another state or country?
- What are the steps after the marriage ceremony has taken place?