The Tourism Promotion Area (TPA) program is funded through a special fee on lodging provided by hotels with 40 rooms or more throughout Pierce County. Funds are used to promote tourism and increase overnight stays at lodging facilities.
TPA board members are recommended by the Pierce County Lodging Association, appointed by the Pierce County Executive, and confirmed by the Pierce County Council.
Past Funding Awards:
The application period for the TPA 2023 Funding Cycle closed on Monday, July 18 at 4:00 p.m.
- Application deadline is July 18, 2022 by 4:00 pm.
- A one-on-one application workshop is required before submission.
- Click here for detailed application process instructions.
Upon submission, the application packet must include the following:
- TPA Master Application
- Applicable Sub-Application(s)
- TPA Master Budget Detail spreadsheet
- Financial Documents:
- Organization’s 2022 Operating Budget
- December 31, 2021 Financial Statement including Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Non-Profit IRS Determination Letter
- Articles of Incorporation/By-Laws
- Designation of Authorized Official Letter
- Current Board of Directors List
Applicants must schedule a one-on-one application workshop with the Pierce County Economic Development Department. Please contact Mike Gommi at 253-798-6914 or [email protected] to schedule an appointment.