The Tourism Promotion Area (TPA) program is funded through a special fee on lodging provided by hotels with 40 rooms or more throughout Pierce County. Funds are used to promote tourism and increase overnight stays at lodging facilities.
TPA board members are recommended by the Pierce County Lodging Association, appointed by the Pierce County Executive, and confirmed by the Pierce County Council.
For more information, contact Kathy Sorgenfrei at (253) 798-6906.
TPA Applications will be available for the 2020 Funding Cycle on February 27, 2019. The application packet will be due by 4:00 pm, April 19, 2019. (Submissions are closed for 2019 Funding)
Upon submission, the application packet must include the following:
- TPA Master Application
- Applicable Sub-Application(s)
- TPA Master Budget Detail spreadsheet
- Financial Documents:
- Organization's 2019 Operating Budget
- December 31, 2018 Financial Statement including Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Non-Profit IRS Determination Letter
- Articles of Incorporation/By-Laws
- Designation of Authorized Official Letter
- Current Board of Directors List
Applicants must schedule a one-on-one application workshop with the Pierce County Economic Development Department. Please contact Kathy Sorgenfrei at 253-798-6906 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Pierce County Tourism Funding Strategic Plan
- Intercept Survey Results
- Twitter Analysis
- Pierce County Reimbursement Policy
- TPA Scoring Matrices
- Kathy Sorgenfrei, Economic Development Department: firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-798-6906
- Dan Fenton with JLL: email@example.com or (831) 298-7215
- Bethanie DeRose with JLL: Bethanie.DeRose@am.jll.com or (609) 457-5361