Lodging Tax Program
About the Program
The Lodging Tax program is funded through an excise tax on hotel rooms, cabins, and campgrounds throughout the County.
The funding is allocated to activities that promote tourism in unincorporated Pierce County and in the cities and towns of Bonney Lake, Buckley, Carbonado, DuPont, Edgewood, Fircrest, Milton, Orting, Roy, Ruston, South Prairie, Steilacoom, Sumner, University Place, and Wilkeson.
Past Funding Awards:
The application period for the LTAC 2024 Funding Cycle closed on April 14, 2023.
(Application period was March 10 to April 14, 2023)
- Application deadline is April 14, 2023 by 4:00 pm.
- A one-on-one application meeting is required before submission.
- Click here for detailed application process instructions.
Upon submission, the application packet must include the following:
- LTAC Master Application
- Applicable Sub-Application(s)
- LTAC Master Budget Detail spreadsheet
- Financial Documents:
- Organization’s 2023 Operating Budget
- Financial Statements, including Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement for YE December 31, 2022
- Non-Profit IRS Determination Letter
- Articles of Incorporation/By-Laws
- Designation of Authorized Official Letter
- Current Board of Directors List
Applicants must schedule a one-on-one application meeting with the Pierce County Economic Development Department. Please contact Mike Gommi at 253-798-6914 or [email protected] to schedule an appointment.