Lodging Tax Program
About the Program
The Lodging Tax program is funded through an excise tax on hotel rooms, cabins, and campgrounds throughout the County.
The funding is allocated to activities that promote tourism in unincorporated Pierce County and in the cities and towns of Bonney Lake, Buckley, Carbonado, DuPont, Edgewood, Fircrest, Milton, Orting, Roy, Ruston, South Prairie, Steilacoom, Sumner, University Place, and Wilkeson.
Past Funding Awards:
The application period for the LTAC 2022 Funding Cycle is closed.
- Application deadline was April 16, 2021 by 4:00 pm.
- A one-on-one application workshop is required before submission.
- Click here for detailed application process instructions.
Upon submission, the application packet must include the following:
- LTAC Master Application
- Applicable Sub-Application(s)
- LTAC Master Budget Detail spreadsheet
- Financial Documents:
- Organization’s 2021 Operating Budget
- December 31, 2020 Financial Statement including Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Non-Profit IRS Determination Letter
- Articles of Incorporation/By-Laws
- Designation of Authorized Official Letter
- Current Board of Directors List
Applicants must schedule a one-on-one application workshop with the Pierce County Economic Development Department. Please contact Mike Gommi at 253-798-6914 or [email protected] to schedule an appointment.