- Departments A-G
- Emergency Management
- Regional Coordinating Council
Regional Coordinating Council
The Region 5 Homeland Security Regional Coordinating Council (RCC) is the chief homeland security policy making body in the region and is the core membership of the Terrorism Early Warning Task Force (TEW) in Pierce County. The RCC’s planning and coordination structure is representative of the major disciplines in the region: Fire Services, Law Enforcement, Metro Parks, Ports, Public Health, Schools, and Transit.
This council distributes federal grant funds, develops emergency responder equipment priority lists, plans and executes training exercises, creates regionally based mutual aid plans, and develops volunteer infrastructure to support citizens’ involvement in homeland security initiatives. This regional structure has increased communication and collaboration. Operations and physical resources are maintained at the local jurisdiction (county, city and tribal) level, and coordination and planning are facilitated at the regional level.
Safe and resilient communities across Pierce County.
Build multi-discipline, multi-sector relationships to leverage capabilities and resources to prepare, prevent, mitigate, respond, and recover from all hazard incidents and planned events.
Collaborative Inclusive Leadership Integrity Accountable Innovative.
- Virginia Mason Franciscan Health System
- Higher Education
- Pierce County Department of Emergency Management
- Pierce County Fire Chiefs
- Pierce County Planning and Public Works
- Pierce County Police Chiefs
- Pierce County School Districts
- Pierce County Sheriff's Department
- Pierce Transit
- Port of Tacoma
- Public Safety Answering Points
- Puyallup Tribe
- Tacoma Fire Department
- Tacoma Police Department
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
- Voluntary Organizations in a Disaster @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
8:30 - 10 a.m.
First Wednesday each month
Pierce County Department of Emergency Management
2501 South 35th Street, Suite D
Tacoma WA 98409
|Meeting agendas and minutes|