Our mission is to build an accessible, coordinated, and equitable behavioral health system by promoting mental wellness and providing effective behavioral health services so all Pierce County residents can live healthier lives.
Pierce County Human Services Behavioral Health Department improves behavioral health in Pierce County by funding effective, fiscally responsible programs and advocating for access to treatment for all residents. We accomplish this by engaging in the following activities:
- Funding Wellness, Prevention, and Treatment programs.
- Improving coordination and communication among providers, funders, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
- Advocating for a better behavioral health system.
- Ensuring behavioral health care in Pierce County is accessible and effective.
- Creating fiscally responsible programs.
- Ensuring effective program operation.
Behavioral Health Tax Data & Information
Behavioral Health Tax
In December 2020, the Pierce County Council passed Ordinance No. 2020-138s authorizing the collection of a sales tax to fund behavioral health and therapeutic court programs within Pierce County. This tax, allowed under RCW 82.14.460, provides funds for mental health and substance use disorder treatment.
To distribute funds to behavioral health and therapeutic court programs, Pierce County looks for providers operating innovative and efficient programs to meet identified needs. Because no single organization can meet the entire community's behavioral health needs, awards are distributed to multiple organizations.
Behavioral Health Services
Behavioral Health Services Locator
To find behavioral health providers that meet your specific needs, follow the instructions using the interactive map.
- To begin, choose one or more filter options based on your needs. Choosing a filter will reduce the number of facilities on the map. (Example: If you have private insurance and are looking for support for your teenager, select "Youth" and "Private Insurance.")
- Select the green points on the map to learn more details about the facility's services and contact information.
- To find services close to you, type your address in the search panel. Facilities within 25 miles of your location will appear. You can adjust the results filter to find facilities closer or farther than 25 miles. After typing in your address, select either Behavioral Health Providers or Unmapped Behavioral Health Providers to view the list of facilities near your location. Click the providers name for more information.
- You can also find services close to you by clicking near your location on the map and selecting your desired facility.