The Citizens' Advisory Board serves in an advisory capacity to assist the County with implementation of Community Action and federally funded programs and activities through Community Development Block Grants, HOME, and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG).
- Advocate for low-income and homeless persons and families
- Help provide services to reduce the impact of poverty and homelessness
- Assess and determine community needs, Community Action Program Planning and Evaluation
- Evaluate funding applications
- Make funding recommendations to the Human Services’ Director and Pierce County Executive, for Community Development Block Grant, Public Facilities Projects, and Public Services Programs.
- Orientation for new members is provided by Human Services’ Staff.
October 6, 2021: Agenda | Minutes
October 10, 2021: Agenda | Minutes
December 1, 2021: Agenda | Minutes
January 27, 2020 (non-board meeting): Agenda | Minutes
January 29, 2020 (non-board meeting): Agenda | Minutes
April 1, 2020: Cancelled
April 2, 2020 (non-board meeting): Agenda | Minutes
April 6, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
September 2, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
September 23, 2020: Agenda | Minutes
Maximum membership of the Citizens' Advisory Board is 15 members. One third of the membership is democratically selected to represent low and moderate-income residents of Pierce County. One third of the membership shall be elected public officials or their representatives. The remaining shall be officials or members of business, industry leaders, religions, law enforcement, education or other major community groups. Members serve no more than two three-year consecutive terms.
Human Services Program Staff (CDBG, CSBG, HOME, ESG)
John Barbee, Community Services Division Manager, [email protected] or 253-798-6139.
Stephanie Bray, Community Development Supervisor, [email protected] or 253-798-6917.
Nelly Mbajah, Community Action Programs Manager, [email protected] or 253-798-2714.