Senior Farmers Market Program - 2021
The Senior Farmers Market Program will begin May 3, 2021.
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program provides low-income seniors with vouchers to purchase produce from participating farmers markets and roadside stands. It is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the State of Washington, but the program is coordinated locally by Pierce County Aging and Disability Resources, the local Area Agency on Aging for Pierce County. Participants can expect to apply beginning May 3, 2021.
To be eligible to receive a voucher, you must meet all of the following:
- You must be 60 years old or older (or 55+ if you are Native American /Alaska Native
- Must have valid government issued identification
- Your income must be below 185% of Federal Poverty Level. That means:
- $23,828 Annual or $1,986 Monthly Income for 1 person
- $32,227 Annual or $2,686 Monthly Income for 2 people
- $40,626 Annual or $3,386 Monthly Income for 3 people
- $49,025 Annual or $4,085 Monthly Income for 4 people
- For larger households, add $700/month for each additional person
- You must be a resident of Pierce County
There is a strict limit of one set of vouchers per household. Incomplete applications or applications received before May 3rd will be returned. A limited number of vouchers are available each season, and completed applications will be processed in the order received.
We will begin accepting applications for vouchers on Monday, May 3, 2021. Vouchers will be mailed to eligible applicants beginning Friday, June 4th. To receive one set of SFMNP vouchers, you must complete the application online, or print using the links below and return the completed application to the address below:
Pierce County Human Services
Attn: Mickie Brown
3602 Pacific Ave., Suite 200
Tacoma, WA 98418
You may also fax your application to (253) 798-2818, Attn: Mickie Brown, or e-mail the application to: [email protected]
Rights and Responsibilities Information