If you were unable to redeem your parcel before the county foreclosed, there may be surplus funds to which you are entitled.  

Revised Code of Washington (state law) 84.64.080 entitles the party who held title as of the date the foreclosure lawsuit was filed to claim any surplus funds after payment of water and sewer district liens by submitting a proper application.  The law goes on to require application within three years from the date of the foreclosure auction.

You may click on the link to download and complete your application. Once completed, please submit it to the surplus funds representatives at the Assessor-Treasurer’s office for processing.   You may submit your application via email, regular mail or in person.  Mailed and hand-carried applications should be delivered to the Assessor-Treasurer’s Office, to the attention of the surplus funds team at 2401 S 35th St, Room 142 in Tacoma, 98409.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact a representative for assistance at (253) 798-2728 or [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in claiming all funds that may be available to you.