Cash fare trips cost $2 each way, $1 with a Senior Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP). You can also purchase an all day adult pass for $5 or $2.50 with the RRFP - valid on Pierce Transit only. (Exact fare only. No change given.) Visit the Pierce Transit Fare website for details. For individuals who have never taken the bus or are nervous about riding it, Pierce Transit provides individualized training designed to help the rider feel more comfortable about using the bus. Call for information.
General Information: (253) 581-8000
Customer Service - PRESS 1 and select from the following options:
Press 1 for Bus Information
- Press 1 for Trip Planning
- Press 2 for ORCA information
- Press 3 for Comments
- Press 1 for Reservations
- Press 2 for Cancellations
- Press 3 for Eligibility
- Press 4 for Fare Information
Press 3 for Fare Information
- Press 1 for SHUTTLE pass, Class Pass or Human Services tickets
- Press 2 to Purchase or revalue ORCA card
Orca Card Information
ORCA smart cards simplify fares and transfers. The card is purchased one-time and riders add value to the card to cover their fares. You can use an ORCA Card like cash to pay your bus fare. The card stores cash value which can be used as fare on your trips. You can store value from $5 to $300 on your ORCA card. The card itself has a one-time $5 purchase fee which can be purchased online, by phone (1-888-988-6722; TTY relay: 711) or in person at any Pierce Transit Bus Shop. Visit orcacard.com for complete information.
ORCA is accepted on: Pierce Transit, Community Transit, Everett Transit, King County Metro Transit, Kitsap Transit, Sound Transit and Washington State Ferries. Just tap your Orca card on the card reader when you board and the fare will be deducted from the value on the card.
Additional Mass Transit Resources
- Voice information: (206) 553-3000 or toll free 1 (800) 542-7876
- Recorded schedule information: (206) 287-8463
- Customer Service: (206) 553-3060
Olympia / Thurston County
- Ph: (360) 786-1881 or toll free 1 (800) 287-6348
- Fares and schedules: 1 (800) 231-2222
- Tacoma terminal: 510 Puyallup Avenue
- Terminal hours: 8 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Local terminal information only: (253) 383-4621
Bremerton / Kitsap County
- Ph: (206) 398-5000 or toll free 1 (888) 889-6368
- Ph: (800) 713-6030 (TTY)
- Ph: (253) 572-5484 - Tacoma office
Bremerton / Kitsap County
- Ph: (360) 377-2877 or 1 (800) 501-7433
- Fares and schedules: 1 (800) 872-7245
- Tacoma station: 1001 Puyallup Avenue
- Station hours: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Local station information only: (253) 627-8141
Seattle/Tacoma Roads, Mountain Passes & Ferry Schedules
- Recorded Updates
- Ph: (206) 368-4499 or 1 (800) 695-7623
- Puget Sound cellular toll free: 1-800-4499
- Mountain pass information: 1 (888) 766-4636
- Automated ferry information: 1 (800) 843-3779
- Ferry Schedule Information: 1 (888) 808-7977
- Ph: 1 (800) 833-6388 (TTY relay service)
- Ph: 1 (800) 833-6385 (Tele-Braille)
- Ph: 1 (800) 833-6384 (Voice)
No-Cost & Low-Cost Options
Volunteer Chore at Catholic Community Services
This program recruits volunteers to provide transportation for low-income seniors who have no other transportation options. Income must be below approximately $1,000 per month for an individual or $1,500 for a couple.
Paratransit Services1 (800) 925-5438
Paratransit provides transportation to medical appointments that are being paid for by a DSHS Medicaid medical coupon. A medical coupon is needed to pay for the Paratransit transportation services. Restrictions apply. Call extension 735 for Interpretive Services for Medicaid recipients.
Senior Center Vans
Call your local Senior Center
A few senior centers have vans that provide transportation to and from the center. Some even take the seniors on special shopping trips to local stores. The Lighthouse Senior Center (253-591-5080) and the Beacon Senior Center (253-591-5083) are two of the centers in Tacoma that provide these services. Clients must be 55 or older and pre-registered with the senior center to access this service.
Call the Aging & Disability Resource Center
253-798-4600 for a list of Tacoma / Pierce County senior centers.
Pierce Transit Shuttle
Service for individuals who live close to a regular Pierce Transit bus route but are unable to ride a regular bus due to a medical condition or disability. The person must apply for the service. There is a minimal charge for each ride. Restrictions apply.
Beyond the Borders: Connecting with Pierce Transit in South Pierce County
This service helps eligible residents access public transportation, medical services, employment, shopping and social activities. Learn more.
Transportation for a Fee
Around the Sound / TransPro
Online Trip Scheduler
Around the Sound / TransPro is a private, for profit transportation company. . Office hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. Services provided 24/7. Services for facilities as well as individuals, families and groups. Request a 2-day advance notice to schedule service. They may be able to accommodate a transportation request on a day's notice, but it is not guaranteed. They have 90 vehicles that are wheelchair accessible with lifts up to 33" wide. They provide transportation for doctor’s appointments, pick up prescriptions, weddings, festivals, fairs, airport runs, cruise terminal runs, golf outings and much more.
1 (800) 600-9225
Northwest Transport specializes in non emergency ambulatory, non-ambulatory, wheelchair and scooter transport with door-to-door service. Private pay only (cash, check, credit card). Visit website for current rates. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m to 8 p.m.
In-Home Care Agencies
- Contact individual agency
- List of agencies available from the Aging & Disability Resource Center at 253-798-4600
- Rates differ, usually $12 per hour and up
- Most want regular scheduled trips, not one-time trips
Pegasus Lifts provides non-emergency medical and specialty transportation services. Operates from a hub in Puyallup and provides transportation to most of western WA, including Pierce, King, Thurston, and Mason counties. Employed drivers provide a safe, reliable and comfortable lift in a clean and modern vehicle. Offers ambulatory, wheelchair, and stretcher/gurney rides.
A Blessing To Serve
A Blessing To Serve will take you in a luxury accessible sedan to your appointment and errands. Lightweight wheelchairs, walkers, and suitcases are easy to store in a large trunk. Janet, the owner, will give you one on one personalized service by being at your side throughout your adventure with her. This is her niche, to stay with you, making sure all your needs are met. She will give you the full package with her caring personality and passion to serve you. Please call for rates. (Flexible hours for emergencies or extended hours.)
- Cash, credit card
- Ph: 253-942-8773
- Cash, debit, credit
- Ph: 855-484-8294
- Cash, credit card, Paypal, financing available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Ph: 253-472-3303
- Cash, credit card, check, debit
- Has advanced booking, account set-up
- Ph: 253-474-8294
- Ph: 1-888-904-7770
Fort Lewis Taxi Service
- Cash only
- Ph: 253-582-3000
- Cash only
- Pierce, S. King and Thurston Counties
- Ph: 253-589-1000 or 888-904-7770
- Cash, credit card
- Ph: 253-943-5555 or 866-295-7433
- Website includes fare estimate tool