Covid-19 Vaccine Information

Important information regarding the Pfizer vaccine and minors

  • Pierce County will take registrations of 12-15 year old people for Pfizer vaccination events starting May 17.
  • The county will take drop-in appointments.
  • This is not a guarantee doses will be available.
  • Approvals are needed from the CDC and others before Pierce County can vaccinate this age group. You might need to reschedule.
  • A parent or guardian must be with the 12-15 year old at the vaccination event to provide consent.
  • Pfizer is the only vaccine available to 16 and 17 year-old people. Please check the type of vaccine when making an appointment.
  • Pierce County Emergency Management requires a parent or guardian be with the 16/17 year-old participant to approve the minor getting the vaccine.

May 2021

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
View All

Phone assistance available

The Pierce County COVID-19 vaccine call center can help people needing assistance to sign up for vaccine events hosted by Pierce County. 

  • Pierce County COVID-19 
    Call Center:
    8 a.m.-4 p.m.
  • WA State COVID-19 Assistance hotline: 1-800-525-0127 or 1-888-856-5816 (then press #), 6 a.m.-10 p.m. (Monday), 6 a.m.-6 p.m. (Tuesday-Sunday)

The call center will help people sign up for Pierce County vaccine events or take their information for future events.

Additional Assistance: [email protected]

Language Assistance

Language and translation services are available on location. Please let staff know if you need assistance.

From the time you enter the location, whether you are in a car or walk up, the vaccination process typically takes less than 45 minutes.

Pierce Transit Offers Free Rides To Vaccination Sites

If you need a ride to your vaccination or are volunteering at a vaccination site, Pierce Transit will provide free bus rides to passengers traveling to or from COVID-19 sites along local bus routes. The free rides include travel to mass vaccination sites as well as other immunization locations, such as pharmacies. 

Lost your COVID-19 Vaccine Card?

People who have lost their COVID-19 vaccine cards can call WA State Dept of Health @ 1-800-325-5599 or submit a request at They will receive a new immunization record, showing their Covid-19 vaccine but not a new card.


Veterans Affairs (VA) is working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on getting vaccines to veterans. Go here for more information from Veterans Affairs. If you are signed up with VA you can call 206-277-4040 or get information about the Puget Sound VA here.

Additional Links