Frederickson Community Center
4420 Military Road East
Tacoma, WA 98446 (map)
The Frederickson Community Center at Cross Park can host a variety of events such as weddings, receptions, showers, staff retreats, classes, and lectures. The outside grounds are available for drop-in picnics with tables, and a playground, and are adjacent to a natural preserve and walking area.
The Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.to 4:00 p.m. The rental availability hours are from Monday through Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
This 33’ x 51’ event space features polished concrete floor, natural wood finishes, and large glass door openings overlooking accessible outdoor spaces.
- Seats up to 104 people at round tables, or 186 audience-style
- Banquet fee with kitchen is $100/hour. Fee is $65/hour with no food
- Fee includes tables, chairs and basic set-up
- Damage deposits are $250 to $350 depending on usage
Our 18’ x 44’ meeting room features large windows and access to the deck and outdoor spaces.
- Seats up to 36 people classroom style, or 50 audience style.
- 75” flat screen will be available for presentations soon.
- Fee is $40/hour. Fee with food is $50/hour with no kitchen access.
- Fee includes tables, chairs and basic set-up.
- Damage deposit is $100
Bridal/Groom Ready Rooms
Two rooms make an ideal space for the bride/groom or the bridal party to prepare.
- Includes mirror, lighting, and seating
- Fee is $26/day for each room
The kitchen is included with an Event Space banquet rental fee or can be added to a meeting room rental.
- Includes conventional range/oven combo, 3-basin sink, and large prep and counter spaces.
- Fee for kitchen only is $25/hour
- East Lawn - open field space (approx. 200'x200') near the playground and picnic tables. The fee is $85/day.
The entire Frederickson Community Center is available to rent for special events.
- Includes all interior spaces: Event Space, the meeting room, the kitchen, and both Bridal/Groom ready rooms.
- Fee is $180/hour
- Damage deposit is $250 to $350 depending on usage
Rental fees are charged for each reservation. Rental fees include room setup and the use of the rectangle and/or round tables plus chairs.
Depending on the events scheduled in the park, a parking fee may also be charged. All fees must be paid in full in order to receive a permit.
Fees are determined on an hourly basis and on the type of function. A minimum of 4 hours is required.
All fees are subject to change.
Damage deposits are due at the time of booking and are refundable as long as there is no damage, the facility is clean and the renter leaves by the scheduled end time.
Damage Deposit Fees:
- $100 - Meeting room
- $250 - Non-Alcohol Functions in large event space
- $350 - Alcohol Functions
Reservation requests are accepted a minimum of 4 weeks in advance and no more than a year in advance of the event date, on a space-available basis.
Large areas of the park are available to the casual user at no charge.