Rental Assistance

RA Portal closing. Sign up for updates by clicking here. Opens in new window

Attention Applicants:


If you have already been served with rent or utilities, and need additional assistance, please contact the provider who served you initially.  The provider will put you on a wait list as we are prioritizing households who have not been served yet. There are many households who have been waiting patiently to be processed. DO NOT REAPPLY.  If you do, your second application will be removed as a duplicate. There is NO guarantee of funds, and the provider will determine if you are eligible for more assistance. They will also provide you with the process and timeline once they start processing the waitlist. 

Tenant who have received a 14-day notice to pay or vacate can contact the Center for Dialog and Resolution for assistance and processing.   


There are programs available to assist tenants with employment opportunities, utility assistance (separate from this program), Aging and Disability Resources, Veteran Resources, and affordable housing. Please call 211 to find out about additional programs.

Households seeking Utility Assistance or who have a utility disconnect notice:


Yes, this program CAN pay utilities for eligible RENTERS in Pierce County however, we must process household eligibility and landlord information prior to paying utilities. Because of these requirements set by the Federal government, it is unlikely that this program will move fast enough to prevent a disconnect for new applicants or applicants waiting for referrals. 

We encourage you to apply for ENERGY ASSISTANCE through Pierce County if you live in Pierce County and outside City of Tacoma. Please apply with MDC if you live within the limits of City of Tacoma. We also encourage you to contact you utility providers regarding your circumstances and to pay as much as you can with available resources.

Need more help?

If you need assistance completing your application in-person, please attend one of our pop-up events in partnership with the Pierce County Libraries or visit one of our Rental Assistance Providers.

January 2022

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          
View All

Contact Us

Email: [email protected]

Rental Assistance Providers

Share & Care House

  • Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
  • Go to blue doors on NE corner of the building.
  • Located at 702 23rd Ave SE in Puyallup

Korean Women's Association

  • By appointment only M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
  • Call 253-353-5502 to schedule.
  • Located at 123 E. 96th St. in Tacoma

Associated Ministries

  • Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to Noon
  • Located at 901 S 13th St. in Tacoma

Multicultural Child and Family Hope Center

  • Call 253-593-6641 ext. 108 to schedule in person assistance

Attention Applicants:

Pierce County Human Services may share personally identifying information about each household with community partners as required to receive services or reporting. Community partners include, but are not limited to, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Washington State Department of Commerce, City of Tacoma, City of Lakewood, Nonprofit providers, Center for Dialogue and Resolution, Tacomaprobono, Superior Court, and employment services.