Make a Complaint

If you are concerned about unlawful discharges, quality of care, visitations, resident rights, or any other facility practices or treatment please complete the online complaint form or call 253-798-3789. It is important to note, the concerns above are not exhaustive, and if you have concerns please call for a consultation.

Responding to Allegations of Abuse: Role and Responsibilities of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program

Attention Mandated Reporters:

If you are a mandated reporter and suspect abuse, neglect, or exploitation please direct your concern to the Complaint Resolution Unit: Residential Care Services Online Incident Reporting | DSHS ( Documenting your complaint with the Complaint Resolution Unit will satisfy your mandated-reporting requirements.


As per the Older American Act, Section 712(d); Certified LTC Ombudsmen are not mandatory reporters unless authorized by the respective resident or their resident representative. The ombudsman program is not a regulatory or administrative agency but a agency that advocates on behalf of the resident or their representative. Subsequently, investigations, inquiries, and complaint resolution are conducted with the goal of improving the quality of care, treatment and voice of the resident. The LTCOP is unique in that it was designed to ensure that “ombudsmen serve as the agent of residents and help residents to achieve what residents believe is in their best interest” (8 The National Long-Term Care Ombudsman Resource Center (NORC). Best Practices: Confidentiality. December 2000).

File a Complaint

If you or someone you know resides in a licensed long-term care facility and have a complaint or need advocacy, please click here to file a complaint. A certified long-term care ombudsman will contact you within two days.

Phone: 253-798-3789 or 1-800-642-5769
Email: [email protected] 

Want More Information?

Contact the Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman program for more information.

Phone: 1-800-562-6028
Email: [email protected]

Reach the Pierce County Long-Term Care Ombudsman by email.

senior woman looking out window