Residential Dry Sewer Line Loan Program
Some properties within Pierce County sewer service area contain interim on-site septic systems with ‘dry’ sewer facilities. Homeowners of dry sewer line properties who are required to connect when sewer service becomes available may be eligible for a low-interest loan to acquire and install sewer service equipment and materials. Pierce County offers low-interest loans with terms up to 10 years to residential dry sewer line property owners for qualifying sewer lateral improvements.
- Your home must be located within the boundaries of the Pierce County sewer service area. Click here to view our sewer service area map.
- You must have an existing single or multi-family residential home on a dry sewer line property that has to connect to sewer service. New construction is not eligible.
- You must meet loan eligibility requirements.
(See box to the right).
- For more information on what improvements qualify for this program, please contact Dana Larsen, Planner 3, at (253) 798-2865.
Identify the cost of your project with a licensed contractor from Pierce County's registered sewer contractors list. It is best to get at least three bids. You can choose a contractor from the list here.
- Complete and return the application form and other requested documents.
Click here for an application.
- Pierce County collects a non-refundable fee of $250 with your application.
- Pierce County conducts a real property assessment (includes proper vesting of the title and current property tax status).
- Pierce County reviews the application and makes a decision on the loan.
- Pierce County notifies the applicant on approval, and the loan documents are prepared.
- Completed, signed loan application
- Completed, signed release form
- Proof of Income. This may be a copy of recent pay stubs (minimum of two), direct deposit records for pension or social security, etc.
- Copy of recorded property deed.
- Copy of all project work bids from licensed contractors.
- One form of identification.
Additional Documents needed if:
- The owner of the property is deceased: a copy of the recorded death certificate is required (available from Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department, Office of Vital Statistics).
- The property owners are divorced: a copy of the recorded dissolution
stating the applicant was awarded the property is required (available from Pierce County Clerk’s Office).
- The property owner is remarried: a copy of the marriage certificate is required (available from Pierce County Auditor’s Office)
- The property is in trust: a copy of the power of attorney must be recorded with the Pierce County Auditor.
- The property is professionally managed: a copy of the property management agreement is required.
- The property was short-platted or subdivided since purchase by borrower: a recorded copy of the documents.
Loan Terms and Fees
- Loans may be made for up to 90% of the estimated project cost.
- The maximum loan amount is $10,000.
- The current interest rate on this loan is 2.42%.
- Loans must be secured by lien on the project property.
- Loan repayments are made monthly and are not part of the regular sewer bill.
You are responsible for the following fees and expenses.
- Application Fee ……..$ 250.00
- Recording Fee ..........$ TBD
- Lien Release..............$ TBD
Please note: This loan is not available on completed projects. You will not receive payment until the project is complete and signed off by Sewer Division staff.
The Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided that the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or a part of the applicant’s income derives from any public assistance program, or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.