Performance Audit Committee reports
Performance Audit Reports
Reports released in 2021
- Sheriff's Department Use of Force Comparative Analysis, December 2021, Nathan Schumer, Performance Audit Staff.
- Behavioral Health Tax Program Evaluation Plan, December 2021, Wiliam Vetter, Performance Audit Staff.
- Performance Audit Risk Assessment, June 2021, By Sjoberg Evashenk Consulting, Sacramento, CA
Reports released in 2020
- Pierce County Interpreter Services, November 2020, By The Athena Group, Olympia, WA.
Reports released in 2019
- Pierce County Fair Economic and Community Benefits, December 2019, By CAI Consulting, Seattle, WA.
- Pierce County Affordable Housing Incentives, August 2019, By Berk Consulting, Seattle, WA. | Presentation
- Implementation Status Report: Public Works Safety and Claims Management, August 2019, William Vetter, Performance Audit Staff, and Gloria Van Spanckeren, Emergency Program Planner, Planning and Public Works.
- Pierce County Broadband Connectivity & Access Evaluation, April 2019, By Magellan Advisors, Denver, CO. | Presentation
Reports released in 2018
- Pierce County Animal Sheltering Costs, November 2018, By Liz DuBois, The Athena Group, Olympia, WA.
- Pierce County Senior Center and Prevention Services and Programs Funding, September 2018, By William Vetter, Jason Escareno, and Rebecca Chapman.
- Pierce County School Impact Fee Program Review, March 2018, By Community Attributes, Inc.
Reports released in 2017
- Designation of County Employees as Full-Time and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Exempt, October 2017, By Mercer, Inc.
- Evaluation of Fuel Service Options at Pierce County Airport - Thun Field, July 2017, by FCS Group.
- Market Analysis of Hangar Lease Rates at the Tacoma Narrows Airport, August 2017, by Valbridge Property Advisors.
- Corrections Bureau Staffing Analysis, March 2017, by CRS, Inc.
Reports released in 2016
- Evaluation of Pierce County’s Agricultural Resource Lands (ARL) Land Use Designation Policy, September 2016, by Barney and Worth:
- Analysis of Pierce County’s Agriculture Sector
- Review of Washington Growth Management Hearings Board Decisions
- ARL Designation Criteria in Selected Counties
- ARL Designation Criteria in Selected Counties - Appendix
- Success Factors for Pierce County Agriculture
- Assessment of Long-Term Trends
- Evaluation of Pierce County Zoning Regulations
- Evaluation of Pierce County’s Current ARL Criteria
- Impacts of Agricultural Exemptions on Taxing Districts
- Other Approaches to Protect Pierce County Agricultural Land
- Summary of Stakeholder Interviews
- Summary of Stakeholder Survey Results
- Findings and Recommendations
- Recommended ARL Zoning
Reports released in 2015
- Centralization and Shared Services Evaluation, Phase I Report, January 2015, and Phase II Report, April 2015, by Moss Adams LLP.
- Surface Water Management Rate Evaluation October 2015, by FCS Group , October 2015, by FCS Group.
Reports released in 2014
- Evaluation of Pierce County Public Works’ Safety and Claims Management Practices, March 2014, by The Athena Group.
- Evaluation of Pierce County Detention Operations, September 2014, by CGL.
Reports released in 2012-2013
- Evaluation of Corrections Bureau Misdemeanor Jail Rates, (Report Methodology), October 2013, by The Athena Group and Robert C. Thomas and Associates.
- Evaluation of On-Call Employees in Pierce County, January 2013, by the Performance Audit Office and FLT Consulting, Inc.
- Feasibility Study of Consolidation of Natural Resource Land Management, October 2012, by FCS Group.
- Evaluation of Pierce County’s Approach to Information Technology, August 2012, by Moss-Adams, LLC.
Reports released in 2011
- Juvenile Court Functional Analysis, September 2011, by FLT Consulting, Inc. and Robert C. Thomas and Associates September 2011, by FLT Consulting, Inc. and Robert C. Thomas and Associates.
- Human Resources Training: Planning Study, June 2011, by William Vetter June 2011, by William Vetter.
- Performance Audit Planning Assessment and December 2010 - January 2011, by Intellibridge Partners, LLC Work Program, December 2010 - January 2011, by Intellibridge Partners, LLC.