Applications to develop two parcels consisting of approximately 310 acres of land in Frederickson into industustrial/warehouse/office space for lease have been submitted to Pierce County.
The proposed development surrounds the current Boeing fabrication facility, south of 176th St E and east of Frederickson Industrial Park Rd. The land is currently zoned as an employment center (EC), which allows for industrial/warehouse/office space as outright permitted use.
The project proposal includes:
- New public and private roads
- Paved parking and truck areas
- Storm drainage and infiltration facilities
- Water and sanitary sewer extensions
- Required wetland mitigation
- Landscaping, buffering, and significant tree retention
Area with site plan overlay
Project location in Pierce County
- Aug 10, 2022- Appeal period ended. No appeals were filed
- July 27, 2022- Comments were due to the lead agency
- July 13, 2022- A Mitigated Determination of Non-Significance was Issued
- October 2021 – Applicant requested review of a Commercial Fill and Grade permit and associated environmental (SEPA) review, and a Site Plan Review application to reduce the percentage of significant trees to be retained
- November 3, 2021 – Notice of Application (NOA) for Site Plan Review sent to surrounding property owners and agencies
- December 3, 2021 – Initial comment period for Site Plan Review NOA closed
- December 2021 – Traffic Impact Analysis submitted for review
- December 29, 2021 – Notice of Application for Commercial Fill and Grade permit and associated SEPA review sent to surrounding property owners and agencies for review
- January 28, 2021 – Initial comment period for Commercial Fill and Grade NOA closed
The industrial/warehouse/office proposal is currently being reviewed for traffic impacts under the traffic impact analysis. This is a large study requiring input from numerous public agencies and the public. A timeframe for the completion of this study is unknown at this time. We will keep this site updated with the most current information as it becomes available.
We anticipate than environmental determination to be issued upon approval of a final traffic impact analysis and it will include any mitigation measures that are a result of the traffic study.
At this time, no public hearings are anticipated or required. Those that have provided comments on the NOAs for either the Site Plan Review or the Commercial Fill and Grade Permit or wished to be parties of record will be notified of any formal written orders or environmental determinations.
Note, all the County files for this proposal are saved electronically and may be reviewed in the same way by visiting Pierce County's online permitting system by clicking on each application number listed below.
Applications Associated with the Proposal:
- 977009 - Traffic Impact Analysis
- 972585 - LSPD Site Plan Review
- 972531 - Environmental Checklist
- 972530 - Excavation, Filling, Grading, Surface Mines
- 972529 - Critical Fish and Wildlife Review
- 972528 - Staff Review Analysis Report
- 972527 - Review of Compensatory Mitigation Plan for development
- 969657 - Land Use Action
Parcel Numbers Associated with the Proposal:
For information on other related permits, use this link, Online Permits (piercecountywa.gov), and enter the parcel numbers listed below.
994805 Building C
993115 Building D
993148 Building E
994358 Building F
994362 Building G