Scholarships & Financial Aid

Pierce County Parks 2024 Scholarship Program

General scholarships are based on income and family size, and are available to anyone who qualifies, including seniors and people with disabilities. Scholarships help make our programs and activities more accessible to the community and can provide discounts for programs and activities at any Pierce County Parks and Recreation facility.  Opportunities include classes, camps, youth athletics, specialized population programs, nature-based learning programs.

Programs and Activities available for Scholarship include:

  • Youth recreation programs offered by Pierce County Parks (ages 21 and under) 
  • Specialized Recreation
  • SummerLife Program
  • You must have your income and household size (proof of dependents) documentation ready to upload. 
  • Page one and two of your IRS 1040 form is the preferred document.

Apply In Person

  1. Print and fill out application completely.
  2. Gather required income and household size.
  3. Submit your completed application through one of the following options. 

Email [email protected] 

Mail the completed form to the Environmental Services Building at 9850 64th St W, University Place, WA 98467

Drop-off in person to Parks staff during business hours at one of these locations:

  • Lakewood Community Center 
    9112 Lakewood Dr SW, Lakewood, WA 98499
  • Environmental Services Building
    9850 64th St W, University Place, WA 98467
  • Sprinker Recreation Center
    14824 C St S, Tacoma, WA 98444
  • Meridian Habitat Park
    14422 Meridian E, Puyallup, WA 98375

  1. Eligibility Requirements
  2. Application Process
  3. Income Guidelines
  4. Ineligible Programs

Eligibility Requirement

  • The applicant must reside in unincorporated Pierce County.
    • The term "unincorporated" refers to any areas that do not fall within the limits of a city in Pierce County. Click here to view a map to see if you live within unincorporated Pierce County.
  • Applicants must be able to provide proof of residency and income.

Questions or Assistance: