Minor Guardianship

To file a new Minor Guardianship (guardianship of a child that you are not the biological parent of) you will need to bring the following items into the Clerk’s Office for processing…

  1. Completed documents listed in this checklist
  2. 3 sets of copies of documents
  3. $240 cash, debit, money order or cashiers check (fee automatically waived if the petitioning party is related to the minor(s))

Documents can be found by visiting Washington State Courts - Court Forms , Washington Law Help or purchased from the Law Library located on the 1st floor in the County-City building

For assistance with your paperwork you can call the Court Facilitators at (253)798-3627 between 8-9 am to make an appointment. A $20 fee is required for the 30 minute appointment

Guardianship Training Links

Minor Guardianship Lay Guardian Training

Minor Guardianship Declaration of Completion