1. General Questions
  2. Divorce Questions
  3. Criminal Questions

1. How do I join my Zoom hearing scheduled on the Commissioners Calendar?

You can find the link to your Zoom hearing by clicking here 

2. How do I find out the date/time/place of my court hearing?

Information regarding hearings in the Superior Court is available on the  LINX - Legal Information Network Exchange website

3. How can I find out the status or what happened in a case?

The status of most Superior Court cases is public and is available for review on-line at the LINX - Legal Information Network Exchange website

4. Where is the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court (County Clerk) and what hours is it open?

The office of the Clerk of the Superior Court is located in Room 110 of the County-City Building at 930 Tacoma Ave. South, Tacoma, WA 98402-2177. It is open to the public from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (except legal holidays)

5. What does it cost to file a case in Pierce County Superior Court?

The filing fees for Superior Court matters are established by the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and vary based on the type of case being filed. Filing fees must be paid by cash, money order or cashiers' check, personal checks are not accepted. For a listing of filing fees refer to the Clerk's Fee Schedule

6. Where do I go to get a Domestic Violence Protection Order?

Domestic violence protection orders can be obtained by filing through our online Domestic Violence Kiosk or by coming to room 110 in the County-City Building.

7. What is needed to issue an of out of state subpoena?

Pursuant to the Uniform Interstate Deposition and Discovery Act (ACT).
The act creates a uniform mechanism by which litigants may present to the clerk of a court located in the state in which discovery is sought with a subpoena issued by a court in a trial state. Once the clerk receives the trial state’s subpoena, the clerk will issue a subpoena containing the same.
The following instructions are used in an existing out of state case when a Pierce County deposition subpoena is needed. Please include the following with your packet.

  1. Letter of instruction to the Clerk of Pierce County Superior Court.
  2. A copy of the issued trial courts subpoena.
  3.  A Subpoena for Pierce County Clerk to issue.
    • The subpoena must: 
      • Incorporate the terms used in the foreign subpoena; and
      • Contain or be accompanied by the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all counsel of record in the proceeding to which the subpoena  relates and of any party not represented by counsel.                      
    • Pierce County Issuance fee of $20.00 per subpoena issued.
    • Self addressed stamped envelope for return of issued subpoenas.
    • Submit all documentation to Pierce County Clerk’s Office, 930 Tacoma Avenue South, Rm 110 Tacoma, WA 98402.

8. How do I get help filling out my documents?

You can make an appointment to see the Court Facilitator at 253-798-3627. The cost is $20 for a half an hour appointment.

9. How do I pay for my facilitator appointment through LINX?

  1. Log into LINX with your account number and password
  2. Click on the "Subscriber" tab at the top of the page
  3. Click on the "Billing" tab on the right hand side
  4. Use the drop down box to change the payment status to show as "Unpaid"
  5. Click the "Search" box
  6. Lastly, click on the "pay" box on the right hand side and you will be directed to the bank site to make a payment                                                                                   **Please make sure you are ready to make the payment BEFORE you click "pay"**