Your current Domestic Partner that meets the requirements of the Pierce County Affidavit of Domestic Partnership
- Pierce County Affidavit of Marriage/Domestic Partnership
- WA Teamsters Welfare Trust Affidavit of Domestic Partnership
- Birth certificate or driver’s license as proof of your domestic partner’s age
- Proof of common residence for at least 6 months (3 documents from this category)
- Declaration, Affidavit, or Certification of Civil Union from a state or municipality that issues such
- Marriage certificate from a state or municipality that recognizes same-sex marriages
- Legal documents indicating that, as domestic partners, they are responsible for each other’s welfare
- Home title or other documents showing joint ownership of significant property
- Rental agreement documenting joint tenancy
- Canceled checks showing rent or utility payments from both partners at the same address, or bills proving same
- Evidence of joint banking accounts (savings, checking, etc.)
- Power of Attorney (durable property or healthcare)
- Wills, life insurance policies, or retirement annuities naming each other as primary beneficiary
- Co-parenting or adoption agreement.
IRS Domestic Partner Affidavit (if applicable)
Child to age 26
A natural child, adopted child, or a child legally placed with you for adoption including a child for whom you have assumed a total or partial legal obligation for support in anticipation of adoption, a stepchild or domestic partner’s child. A child for whom you have legal guardianship or court-ordered custody
Submit one of the following documents:
- Copy of the child’s legal birth certificate naming you, your spouse or your domestic partner as the child’s parent.
- Copy of a final court order (divorce decree/custody agreement) naming you, your spouse or your domestic partner as the child’s parent. All documents must include the following information: names of the child and parent, official signature and/or court seal/stamp.
- Copy of legal adoption papers issued by the courts naming you, your spouse or your domestic partner as the adoptive parent.
- Copy of legal guardianship/custodian papers issued by the courts naming you, your spouse or your domestic partner as the child’s guardian/custodian.
- Copy of a Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMCSO) showing you are required to provide medical coverage for the child. Documentation must state your current employer’s name and include the names of the child and parent.
*If the employee is providing documentation for a child of their legal spouse or domestic partner, documentation must also include the required documentation listed for Spouse or Domestic Partner.