Winter Day Camps
Wet, Wild, Winter Day Camps
Rain won't stop us! Come spend some time discovering all of the great things about nature at Meridian Habitat Park! Each day will have a different topic to explore, and campers will participate in a variety of games, activities, and projects. It's Winter in Washington, come ready to be outdoors and have some fun!
- For: Grades 3-5
- Instructor: Pierce County Parks staff
- Location: Meridian Habitat Park, 14422 Meridian E, Puyallup, WA 98375 (map)
- Dec. 19 - Wet Winter. It's Winter in Washington…so time to get outside! Come play in the puddles, learn about how water plays a role in everything we do, and explore all of the great activities and projects we can still do outdoors!
- Dec. 20 - Ewwy-Gooey Creepy-Crawly Critters. What's that coming out of the ground?!?! Slugs, worms, spiders. Sure they can gross us out, but did you know that they're also super important for our ecosystem? Not to mention they're actually pretty cool! Come spend a day at camp doing games, projects, and learning all about what makes these creatures actually pretty awesome!
- Dec. 21 - Camouflage. Now you see me, now you don't! Not only is Camouflage a great game, it's also a fun trick some animals can do to defend themselves. Come learn all about how some animals stay hidden in plain sight, make your own version, and see if you can win the ultimate game of Camouflage!
- Dec. 27 - Why Did You Leaf? Some are green, some are brown, some are orange, some are pointy, some are flat, and some have edges…but why? They all come from trees, right??? Come discover why a leaf is more than just a leaf while exploring more about the flora we find in our parks!
- Dec. 28 - Sleep Like a Bear. Do you ever wish you could nap just a little longer? How about 6 months longer? The bears may have us beat but they're not just lazy! Come learn about how animals make it through the winter months and how some even thrive! Build a shelter to stay dry in, make your own hibernation pack, and see what sort of winter animals we can spot at the park!
- Dec. 29 - Mud Pies! Ok, so you can't eat them, but they may actually be more fun! Come play in the mud with us for our last day of camp! "Bake" mud pies, build mud art, and see how other animals make good use of our dirtiest natural resource!
Sign up for one day, two days, or three-day sessions of fun and exploration!
- $50/day or $135/three-day session.
- Register online by selecting the camp number below:
|Camp #||Day||Date||Time||Location||Fee||Register By|
|17880||Wet Winter||Mon||Dec. 19||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||Meridian Habitat Park||$50||Dec. 14|
|17881||Ewwy-Gooey Creepy-Crawly Critters||Tues||Dec. 20||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||Meridian Habitat Park||$50||Dec. 14|
|17882||Camouflage!||Wed||Dec. 21||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||Meridian Habitat Park||$50||Dec. 14|
|17883||Week 1, 3-Day Camp||Mon-Wed||Dec. 19-21||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||Meridian Habitat Park||$135||Dec. 14|
|17884||Why Did You Leaf?||Tues||Dec. 27||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||Meridian Habitat Park||$50||Dec. 21|
|17885||Sleep Like a Bear||Wed||Dec. 28||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||Meridian Habitat Park||$50||Dec. 21|
|17886||Mud Pies!||Thur||Dec. 29||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||Meridian Habitat Park||$50||Dec. 21|
|17887||Week 2, 3-Day Camp||Tues-Thurs||Dec. 27-29||8:00 am - 3:00 pm||Meridian Habitat Park||$135||Dec. 21|