Verification of Employment
Pierce County Human Resources takes extra security measures to protect our employees. The Human Resources Administrative Staff are authorized personnel to complete standardized requests of employment verifications for current and previous Pierce County Government employees.
Please Note: We do not complete electronic verifications online or emailed forms. Employment verifications is not intended for job references or performance. Human Resources does not comment on those types of requests.
Instructions for Request
All written requests are to be faxed to the Pierce County Human Resources Office at the secured fax line: 253-798-8558.
- Verification form to be completed.
- Individual's signed Authorization to Release Information Form.
- Individual's minimum last 4-digits of SSN.
- We do not complete the verification without proof of individual’s identity.
- Provide a return fax number for completed forms to be sent to.
Completion and turnaround time may be expected within one to two business days. Delays may occur due to high volume periods as we complete requests in the order received.
For verbal or re-verification request, please call the Human Resources office at (253) 798-7480 during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 4:30PM). You will be asked to provide the following:
- The individual's full SSN for proof of identity.
- The individual's name.
- Place of employment (Department/Division, or location)
- If the full SSN or name does not pull results in our system, the individual may be employed with a partner agency, vendor, or contractor. In that case, employment verification would need to be obtained directly with the individual’s employer.
Human Resources will only provide the standardized information regarding the below:
- Start and end dates.
- Job title.
- Employment status.
Any pay information can only be provided with a written verification request.