PEBB Group Coverage
Groups that are covered by PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board)
Non-represented employees, District Court Judges, Represented: 120J, 120W, 612S, U612, C28PSS, and Captain's Association employees.
- As a new hire, all of your PEBB benefits will begin on the first day of the month following your hire date, unless your hire date is the first working day of the month.
- If your hire date is the first working day of the month, PEBB benefits begin on that day.
Access the Benefit Change – PEBB Newly Eligible task in your Workday inbox to enroll in benefits.
When enrolling dependents in medical and/or dental, dependent verification is required.
Pierce County Benefits office must receive your Workday benefits enrollment task and valid dependent verification documents no later than 31 days after your hire date.
If the enrollment and DV forms are not received or are received late, PEBB Program rules require enrollment in the following default plans: Uniform Medical Plan Classic, Uniform Dental Plan, basic life insurance, and the 60% employee-paid long-term disability insurance as a single subscriber (dependents will not be enrolled). In addition, you are subject to the tobacco use premium surcharge (WAC 182-08-197(1)(b)).
LINKS TO ADDITIONAL PLAN INFORMATION
Benefits enrollment is done in Workday.
If you cannot access Workday, or need paper forms, use the links below:
Employees may enroll eligible family members on their benefit coverage upon hire, within 30 days of a "qualifying life event," or during the County’s annual Open Enrollment period. Employees are required to provide documentation supporting dependent eligibility upon enrollment.
Dependents you can enroll in PEBB Benefits:
- State-registered domestic partner
- Children (including children of your spouse, children whose support is your legal obligation in anticipation of adoption, children of your state-registered domestic partner, and children specified in a court order or divorce decree for whom you have a legal obligation to provide support or health care coverage.
Other forms that may be required:
- PEBB declaration of tax status form
- PEBB certification of a child with a disability form
- PEBB extended dependent certification form
For more information on dependent eligibility: https://www.hca.wa.gov/employee-retiree-benefits/public-employees/how-determine-eligibility
CONTACT PC BENEFITS
Phone: (253) 798-2727
8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
950 Fawcett Ave S, # 200, Tacoma, WA 98402