January 23, 2019
2401 S. 35th Street
Tacoma, WA 98409
Public Hearing - Pierce County Hearing Examiner
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Shoreline Substantial Development Permit / Shoreline Conditional Use Permit: Larson
Applications: 884455, 886076, 884457
Applicants: Robert and Jennifer Larson
Planner: Mojgan Carlson, Mojgan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Request: Applicants request the following:
• Construct a pool house, a pool, and a hot tub over 50 ft. from the bulkhead.
• Construct various retaining walls, 4-ft. wide pathways, and stairs for beach access. New retaining walls will be limited to 6 ft. in height and over 50 ft. from the bulkhead.
• Retain existing stairs, retaining walls, landscaping, and gates located north of the dock/pier.
• Remove 2,129 sq. ft. of shoreline hardscape from the project site.
• Remove the boathouse and marine railway located on Parcel #0121164006.
• Remove and replace the existing boathouse and associated marine railway on Parcel #0121168008.
• Remove and replace 277 linear ft. of the existing bulkhead with 145 linear ft. of a new bulkhead to create a sand/gravel beach.
• Plant 2,500 sq. ft. of native vegetation along the shoreline.
All items are accessory to a single-family residence, on the eastern shore of Henderson Bay, in a Rural Residential Shoreline Environment, Rural 10 (R10) zone classification, and the Gig Harbor Community Plan area, located at 4824-105th Ave. Ct., Gig Harbor, WA, in Council District #7.