The Auditor’s Office announces the opening of a special appointment period. Individuals are needed to write “Against” statements for the February 11, 2014 Special Election local voters’ pamphlet in the following districts:
- Steilacoom Historical School District No. 1, Proposition No. 1
- Puyallup School District No. 3, Proposition No. 1
- University Place School District No. 83, Proposition No. 1 and Proposition No. 2
- Sumner School District No. 320, Proposition No. 1 and Proposition No. 2
- Dieringer School District No. 343, Proposition No. 1 and Proposition No. 2
- Orting School District No. 344, Proposition No. 1
- Franklin Pierce School District No. 402, Proposition No. 1 and Proposition No. 2
- Bethel School District No. 403, Proposition No. 1 and Proposition No. 2
- Eatonville School District No. 404, Proposition No. 1
- Auburn School District No. 408, Proposition No. 1
- White River School District No. 416, Proposition No. 1 and Proposition No. 2
- Fife School District No. 417, Proposition No. 1
These districts did not appoint committee members to prepare an “Against” statement for the local voters’ pamphlet. As a result, RCW 29A.32.280 directs the Auditor’s Office to seek out and appoint up to three members to form an “Against” committee.”
District resolutions, ballot titles, and explanatory statements can be found on our current election webpage.
- Be a resident and registered voter of Pierce County for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
- Have ready access to email.
“Against” committee responsibilities
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2014, which includes:
- Committee appointments and participation; and
- Word limits, format requirements, and deadlines for statements and rebuttals.
- Have your name appear in the local voters’ pamphlet and waive anonymity.
At least one committee member must be willing to submit phone number, email, or website address for publication in the local voters’ pamphlet.
If you agree to the above responsibilities, email your name and phone number to [email protected]. Appointments will be made in the order that the requests are received.
The deadline to request a committee appointment is December 30, 2013 at 12:00 NOON.
The deadline to submit an “Against” statement is December 30, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: Individuals requesting appointment on December 30 must be prepared to submit the “Against” statement by email on the same day. The deadline can’t be extended.
Julie Anderson, Pierce County Auditor
Mike Rooney, Elections Manager
Whitney Rhodes, Assistant to the Auditor