The Auditor’s Office announces the opening of a special appointment period. Individuals are needed to write “Against” statements for the Aug. 5, 2014 Primary Election local voters’ pamphlet in the following districts:
- City of Fircrest, Proposition No. 1
- Fire Protection District No. 14 (Riverside Fire & Rescue), Proposition No. 1
- Fire Protection District No. 21 (Graham Fire & Rescue), Proposition No. 1
These districts did not appoint committee members to prepare an “Against” statement for the local voters’ pamphlet. As a result, RCW 29A.32.280 directs the Auditor’s Office to seek out and appoint up to three members to form an “Against” committee.
District resolutions and explanatory statements can be found on our current election page.
“Against” committee responsibilities
- Be a resident and registered voter of Pierce County for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment.
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee.
- Have ready access to email.
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2014, which includes committee appointments and participation, and word limits, format requirements and deadlines for statements and rebuttals.
- Have your name appear in the local voters’ pamphlet and waive anonymity.
At least one committee member must be willing to submit a phone number, email, or website address for publication in the local voters’ pamphlet.
If you agree to these responsibilities, email your name and phone number to [email protected]. Appointments will be made in the order that the requests are received.
The deadline to request a committee appointment is May 13, 2014 at noon.
The deadline to submit an “Against” statement is May 13, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: Individuals requesting appointment on May 13 must be prepared to submit the “Against” statement by email on the same day. The deadline can’t be extended.
Cindy Hartman, Pierce County Deputy Auditor
Mike Rooney, Elections Manager
Whitney Rhodes, Assistant to the Auditor