A citizen’s petition for the “Sale of spirits for on-premises consumption in the City of Fircrest” has qualified for the November 3, 2015 ballot. The Pierce County Auditor’s Office is opening a special appointment period to recruit individuals to write a “for” and “against” statement for the November 3, 2015, General Election Local Voters’ Pamphlet.
A copy of the petition text and the area map can be found on our November 3rd General Election webpage. The ballot title and explanatory statement will be posted as soon as they have been prepared the attorney for the City of Fircrest.
- Be a resident of the boundaries defined in the petition (City of Fircrest prior to the 1975 General Election) and a registered voter for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
- Have ready access to email.
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2015, which includes:
- Committee appointments and participation.
- Word limits and format requirements for statements and rebuttals.
- Have your name appear in the local voters’ pamphlet and waive anonymity. At least one committee member must be willing to submit phone number, email, or website address for publication in the local voters’ pamphlet.
Those interested who agree to the above responsibilities can email their name, residential address, and phone number to [email protected]. Please indicate which committee you wish to be appointed to (for or against) and include a short statement telling us why and how you are best prepared to be a committee member.
- The deadline to request a committee appointment is Wednesday August 12, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
- Appointments will be made by noon on Thursday, August 13, 2015.
- The deadline to submit a committee statement is Monday, August 17, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
- The deadline to submit a rebuttal statement is Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 4:30 p.m
Mike Rooney, Elections Manager
Whitney Rhodes, Assistant to the Auditor