The Pierce County Auditor’s Office is opening a special appointment period to recruit individuals to write committee statements for the April 26, 2016, Special Election Local Voters’ Pamphlet in the following districts:
Committee members needed
- Against - School District No. 403 (Bethel) – Proposition No. 1 – Bond
- Against - School District No. 404 (Eatonville) – Proposition No. 1 - Bond
- Against – East Pierce Fire & Rescue – Proposition No. 1 - Levy
These districts did not appoint committee members to prepare Against statements for the local voters’ pamphlet. As a result, RCW 29A.32.280 directs the Auditor’s Office to seek out and appoint up to three members to form the committee. District resolutions and explanatory statements can be found on our April 26, 2016 Special Election webpage
- Be a resident and registered voter of Pierce County for at least one year immediately prior to the appointment; and
- Pledge to work cooperatively with other members of the committee; and
- Have ready access to email.
- Read, understand and fulfill the obligations described in the Elections Guide for Jurisdictions – 2016, which includes:
- Committee appointments and participation; and
- Word limits, format requirements, and deadlines for statements and rebuttals.
- Have your name appear in the local voters’ pamphlet and waive anonymity.
At least one committee member must be willing to submit phone number, email, or website address for publication in the local voters’ pamphlet. Those interested who agree to the above responsibilities can email their name and phone number to [email protected]
. Appointments will be made in the order that the requests are received.
The deadline to request a committee appointment is March 2, 2016 at noon. The deadline to submit a committee statement is March 2, 2016 at 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: Individuals requesting appointment on March 2 must be prepared to submit the statement by email on the same day. The Auditor’s Office is unable to extend the deadline.
Julie Anderson, Pierce County Auditor